Telegraph: "Go Commando Charity Calendar"

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by soleil, Nov 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Never took you to be so shallow Sol!!!!!
  2. Are the pages laminated?
  3. Oh, the temptation to comment on that one . . . but it isn't Lil's so I won't.

I'll leave it to your imagination.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  5. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I've got mine already...

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I feel cheap and demeaned.

Royal Marines throughout the land should burn their bras in protest.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A couple of RN Phot mates of mine are currently engaged in a Facespace hissy fit over the PR campaign for the calendar, dripping that only one of two individuals got the credit for the photographs rather than all of those involved... Oh dear. Never mind. What a shame. :roll:
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's an interesting one.

Whenever an RN phot is posted on Faceache the credit is usually given to the RN phot and it usually states "CROWN COPYRIGHT" which is kinda ironic as photographs uploaded to FB become the intellectual property of FB.

I got a snotty email off some MOD bod for sharing a phot off RM Recruitment FB on another Faceache page claiming I was in breach of copyright. Yeah right. She wound her neck in when I invited her to do something about it.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

That's pretty much the stance I took. They got rather precious when I told them that the money raised for charity from sales of the calendar was more important than artistic recognition and some mutual backslapping. One Phot on my friend's FB post commented that he gave up a whole weekend (!!) away from his family to take part in the photoshoot. He then felt hard done by when I tried to put things in perspective, adding that the combat-experienced RMs in the photos no doubt felt his pain for his sacrifice that weekend... I won't quote my reply but I'm sure you can imagine what I said.

10. Maybe you could grow up.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  11. Ffing Jessie's, what more do they want, apart from the inspecting officer they are the only ones that can walk around on Div's. :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
    • Like Like x 1