Telegraph: "Britain's Largest Warship Nears Completion"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Mar 26, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. queenelizabeth_2863001b.jpg

"In exactly 100 days, the Royal Navy’s biggest ever warship will be named by the Queen, who will smash a bottle of champagne on the 65,000 tonne aircraft carrier’s bow and name the vessel after herself.

The ceremony will mark 16 years of work on the £6.2bn project which now employs 10,000 people at 100 firms working in every region of the country."

Britain's largest warship nears completion - Telegraph
  2. Scotsman:

"Scale of new Royal Navy’s new aircraft revealed"

"Massive in both scale and complexity, the Royal Navy’s new aircraft carriers are approaching a “major milestone” in their construction, with just 100 days to go until the formal ceremony to name the first ship, say project heads.

HMS Queen Elizabeth will be officially christened by the Queen in a ceremony at Rosyth in Fife, where it is currently being fitted out, 
on 4 July."

Scale of new Royal Navy?s new aircraft revealed - The Scotsman
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Corrected - no charge.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I would not choose Titanic to compare it to. That one didn't turn out so well. You may have heard about it, There were newspaper reports.
  5. I wouldn't compare it to the Houses of Parliament either, ones full of bone idle freeloaders, the others the seat of government ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OI! Don't pick on me you old farts! I'm just saying what the Wail said, innit.
  7. Attached Files: