Telegraph: "BAE Wins £59m Contract For Falklands Patrol Ship"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, May 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To hear the Journo's description Clyde is secretly an Aircraft Carrier :p

Good news for BAe Systems as it should safeguard some jobs
  2. More for BAE

BAE systems awarded 6 year £46M contract - repair and maintain radar systems on board 6 warships.
    Earlier awarded £86M to service combat management systems on board the vessels.
    What the hell do the hands do ? - where did the Greenies go? - that was their job!
  3. When BAE are not needed or don't (heaven forbid) win a MOD contract the GVMT doesn't have to worry about the pensions.
  4. A lot of WE gear is looked after by BaE or other contractor's when alongside these days. Greenies can hack it, pinkies can't.

Standing by for incoming.
  5. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

You probably need to have a word with Converteam about the truth on that one, Wrecker.

It aint 115/440v any more, as well you know.

6. Your not the one supposed to bite (and we won't mention CJB or RR&A either)
  7. Having lived in Lytham St Annes I knew BAE was a big player in armaments but I never knew that the 105mm Artie piece and the massive Artillery cannon that can hit a billiard table size area from 10 miles+ away were BAE.
    Both are the mainstay of the US Army/Marines etc not to mention other countries.
    BAE has been in the past mired in a bit of murk but we should congratulate them on their successes such as these.
    They asked my son to head up the team on the Typhoon Fighter electronics but he turned them down.
    I think he made a mistake as they do get the business but he said he knew what he was doing.