Telegraph: "Am I Man Enough For The Marines?"

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by soleil, May 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i can play the double bass to grade three -

i believe they teach you the pink oboe during week two.

also i know a bit about flexing in front of mirrors

hold on a minute though - no womens clothes

back to wafu hotels for me

bottom field my arse - they should see the field at the bottom of my garden - its big and covered in weeds and if i rub my beret into the grass it takes on a green tinge

edited once for extra sarcasm

2. I loved this quote; “If you can’t deal with seeing another man naked, you shouldn’t be in the Royal Marines,†says Major Rawles

3. err.. yeah

4. in what context is the "yeah"

agreement or err ... agreement

5. err... sardonic

6. Surely edited once for extra sexual insecurity thinly disguised as humour. :roll:
    Just remember as a WAFU you're only one step up above the RAF in most peoples eyes. :twisted:

The quote of the piece must be.....
    “If you can’t deal with seeing another man naked, you shouldn’t be in the Royal Marines,†says Major Rawles. 8O

7. "A fast-rope descent from an Apache helicopter"

Mlaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

8. Well if you can fit a couple of Royals on the outside with a bit of bungee cord surely this could be an option. :? :wink:

9. "They will have plenty of need for soap over the next eight months as they progress to night exercises on Dartmoor. . ."

Always got to have your creature comforts with you haven't Royals? :oops: :D

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yet not one mention of Marines milling with roll mats. You would think these journos would get it right.

11. I did chuckle a little at this bit:

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I rather liked the quote:

Reminds me of my last visit to CTC in November - had a chat with some of the Recruits over lunch & asked "What would you say is the biggest surprise in Recruit Training?"

Came back the reply in a cracking Brummie twang: "I never realised I would be shouted at so much". :wink:

13. Don't know what others feel / recall but shouting was good, it's when the shouting stopped you the concern state went up...

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yup. Shouting in the Army was the warm up. Silence usually preceded some sort of physical violence.

15. Hmm especially when a certain ML was around Lab!! Bendaaaaaaaa and stretchaaaaaaaa!!!

:roll: :roll:

16. He worshipped the ground I stood on...

17. Is that because your hoop felt like a hose pipe full of raw, warm meringue mix?

18. You and your fantasies JJ...

19. Just agree with me dammit; I'm almost there 8O :twisted: