Tekflo TF 40 F transducer

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by themonkeyg0d, Mar 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know what a Tekflo TF 40 F transducer does?
  2. Not really, but according to my system here at work, you can get one from Puradyn Systems.
  3. It measures pressure and either gives an electrical readout to a meter or acts as a pressure switch to cut pumps in and out. They are factory set to the users requirements. On a boat there's loads of them with differing inputs/outputs depending what system they are used on and function required. I see one from Spartan has been put up for sale on the net.

Are you thinking of buying it? or more importantly..why!!!
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Jeez, I thought it was just Newbies that had this sort of basic question.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. lol answer that one ns :)

6. Cheers WreckerL, thats answered
    that question admirally (pardon the pun). Yeh I did see that one on Ebay (whilst looking for something else I must add!!!! Just wondered what it did,
    thats all.

In never ceaes to amaze me what crazy stuff is on Ebay!!! I take it you won`t be bidding then ha,ha,ha.
  7. Ninja_Stoker

I can't believe people don't use the 'search' function... *mutter, mutter*
  8. I looked for it but couldn't find it.
  9. Ninja_Stoker

10. That's brilliant, it gives the same answer.....hang on, that's me, you've invented a close loop information system NS :notworthy:
  11. Ninja_Stoker

It's one of those phenomena that keeps goldfish entertained for hours too, apparently :-D
  12. Oh Ninjie, I love it when you talk all dirty! I am picturing you in ovvies as we speak!!
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ah, talking of goldfish....

Funnily enough, apart from changing the oil on my tekflos at home, (every 5,000 miles) I seldom get to wear my aptly-named 'action coveralls' much these days. I'm lost without my pussers right-angled torch & '8" adjustables' when interviewing potential recruits, I can tell you.
  14. I have no idea what an 8" adjustable is but it sounds like fun!!
  15. [​IMG]Calm down Ninja!!!
  16. Perfect tool for undoing any nut and bolt in the fleet, doubles up as training aid for twatting young stokers sround the head or re-arranging peoples fingers when they tweak bits of kit they know nothing about (mainly young engineering hossifers)
  17. Oh how terribly disappointing :(
  18. Thanks Wrecks. At least you showed a genuine, clean 'Bahco' shifter in the condition required prior to Stoker Twatting! :violent1:

19. Was successfully used as a teaching aid for Part 3`s. If they gave a wrong answer it was applied to their shins. worked well, they only came to me for a signature if they knew a system. Seem to remember I used the 10" version