Teeth

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Merlin28, Jul 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can you fail the dental medical at raleigh if you have broken teeth? Basically I have three broken teeth at the back of my mouth, they don't hurt or cause any problems other than the odd peanut getting stuck in them. Sorry if this is a bone question.

2. Not sure teeth count as bone.

3. Are you trying for a bite with this. :roll: 8O

Edited to say this is not a nibble :oops:

4. Ha ha :lol: No this is a serious question I only have a year left to wait now and I don't want to get kicked out on my first week when I finally start training.

5. Just call a Master at Arms 'Chief' or ask the first booty you meet 'What his preferred instrument is' and you'll soon get your teeth sorted out. :wink:

hope this helps :)

6. I got told the michelin star food available at the Galley would sort the rest of my teeth out, especially the peas. :wink:

7. I am a bit tight financially thats why I was hoping to get away with it. I live on my own and pay £1000 in bills and only earn £1300 after tax. The joys of living inside the M25 who said Surrey was full of rich people?

8. Have you contacted your local careers office and asked them? We know most of the answers to some right daft questions.

9. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

10. Merlin

Do you actually have a dentist at the moment?

11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

The headwad is too tight soleil. If he really needed treatment he could go to a dental hospital, and the best thing its cheap.

12. No haven't been to one in ten years

13. Then your broken teeth are probably just the tip of the iceberg.
    Whilst I'm not a Dental professional my Dad was and I've seen the results of lack of Dental care over long periods, ie loss of dental bone (Your jaw.) through erosion due to gum disease. It's not pretty.
    Get yourself to a Dentist sharpish.

14. Go to the NHS website to find an NHS dentist near you. Alternatively, go to the nearest University with a dental school and some final year students will sort all out, under the supervision of a stupidly senior dentist.

You can fail the medical if your teeth are crap.

15. Any progress?

16. Stix, do I have to tell you again to stop giving "part" answers, its just confusing. You did not cover "cars at Raleigh", "Dads in naval uniforms at passing out", or even the basics like do I get my first medal in phase 2.

Buck up Stix or your out. :arrow: :roll: :D

17. Sorry, I was in a bit of a rush on that day :oops: :oops: :oops: 8O

18. Dismissed, On caps, right wheel, quick march, left right, left, right......

19. Hi im going to HMS Raleigh in about 8 weeks. i was wondering if i havnt been to the dentist in a few years and do not think theres anything wrong with my teeth should i go to the dentist or should i just wait till i go to Raleigh?
    thanks x