Teenagers steal poppies to make money!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by watch_and_shoot, Oct 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Little C U N T S

I hope they meet with painful accidents

Rincewind

2. String the bastards up!Scum of the Earth!

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Maybe they thought they were selling drugs (opium poppy: Papaver Somniferum) 8O

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ref: Good Drug Guide

6. Could this be a good reason for bringing back the Prison Ships?
    They be crewed by ex-forces instead of social workers?
    Does anyone think that the ba'stards would learn their lesson?

Discuss

OSD

7. bring back the birch. lets see how "cool" they look when they are tied over a bench outside the courthouse and have some joss type thrash their little lily arses with a twig tickler. going for a lie down in a dark room now. rant over.

8. Maybe one of them pissed off by being called 'ginger' by his Cadet Sgt and wanted to take it out on society!

Seriously though. I suspect in reality that they had little idea of the significance of their actions. Hitting them is not the solution. What is needed is for someone to explain the significance of the poppy and for whom the collection is for - perhaps a couple of war injured veterans. That is likely to have more impact that hitting them and creating more resentment in them. That achieves nothing.

9. AAC, I think they probably had a fairly good idea what the poppy is all about. Whilst they may not exactly know its true meaning, my betting is that they were all too aware of its significance enough to make a fast buck.

Is nothing sacred anymore? With any luck they will one day end up on the wrong side of a servicemen and have their thieving hands trodden on.

10. little fcukers should be strung up by the ankles and have a fire lit beneath their heads, that'll show em.

stab (being a bit liberal) :-D

11. Perhaps someone should take them behind the bike shed and explain to them the folly of their ways, in a manner that they would understand.

12. Oh well in that case, dispatch them off to Colchester with a sign round their necks reading POPPY THIEF and lets see what happens...

13. brigham 600 wrote: AAC, I think they probably had a fairly good idea what the poppy is all about. Whilst they may not exactly know its true meaning, my betting is that they were all too aware of its significance enough to make a fast buck.

I don't think any of us could make assumptions about what they might know. I doubt it gets covered too well in school these days. AAC's idea might have some merit - bit like facing up to your victims. Then we can birch the little [email protected]!!!

SF

14. Point taken SF, but I do feel that not all teenagers are oblivous to the Poppy appeal as it is pretty well publicised every year. Plus the fact that I bet the poppies they pinched had some sort of advertising on them in readiness for sale.

15. And their parents?

16. No, trust me. Although it doesn't get covered in the later stages of school except for maybe the odd footnote in one or two textbooks, in primary schools the significance is explained pretty much every year. The idea being that if you get the children to understand what it's for as early as poss, they'll keep a respect all ther lives.

They may or may not understand the full background to the symbol of the poppy and the RBL, but they'll know its respect for the brave men who sacrificed their lives for all of us.

End of the day, the british legion is a charity. Kids know the difference between right and wrong. And they know that stealing from a charity, whatever charity it may be, is the lowest of the low.

17. Beat them to fxxk , little shits , piss's me off no end's , arse'oles ,

18. Beat them to fxxk , little shits , piss's me off no end's , arse'oles ,

19. Why don't we bring back the stocks for little cnuts like them. Then have them in the stocks near a parade route on rememberance day with that little sign, 'Poppy Thief' above them. No need to whip them or give them a kicking but by the end of the day I'm sure they will have learnt the error of their ways.