ted Kennedy to get knighthood

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by dollygee, Mar 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To further cement our special relationship with the septics our glorious leader has awarded that well known car driver off bridges an honorary knighthood.
    No doubt, the family of the young girl he left in the car will be suitably impressed.
  2. Is there a source for this award to a man who succored and supported the Terrorist who were killing our citizens, the IRA.

If true, no wonder I have total contempt for awards.

3. Just been metioned on itn news...Stinks...
  4. so wrong
  5. Apart from Brown trying to wheedle his way into the septics good books, did they say why he "deserved" this "honour", any citations etc
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Even for Gordon Mugabe this is an obscenity, and gives the lie to any boast of his that he respects our Armed forces.

The only glimmer of humour in this emetic piece of news is that presumably this is an honorary Kinghtood of the British Empire of which the Kennedys were such staunch supporters, and the only glimmer of relief is that this odious terrorist fund-raiser has not been made Lord Kennedy of Chappaquiddick and Warren Point.
  7. Finally found this in Ireland

8. Honours for cash?

And having fcuked up the UK he is now telling the septics what to do

9. What a load of politically motivated pish!!!! :evil:
  10. The most imaginitive ploy yet by Labour to discredit the Honours system. Bearing in mind what the original Orders of Knighthood stood for, it is particularly "strange". It can't be for all the favours that the Kennedy pack have done for Britain over the years!

The unfortunate girl's name was Mary Jo Kopechne.
  11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I call this act of the PM's giving aid and comfort to the Queen's enemies, aka treason.
  12. Bunch of 'Bootleggers' and our lot are bootlicking

That's the way they do it.....and always will
  13. :?:

On the other hand, would people rather have or prefer knighthoods given to arrse licking Party Donors, Union bosses and Bankers - or even Tony Bliar ?
    They gave one to Mandelson too !

When all is said and done, these things don't really mean much to any except those who think they are the bees knees.
    The Honours system has been so misused and corrupted, perhaps it is a fitting honour one of the Kennedys.

14. It probably wont even make the news here so dont worry. The Hono(u)rs system has been used and abused for years................
  15. Just listened to Gordon's speech to the USA's administration, great speech shame about the sycophantic content.
  16. You must be bored Fink to actually listen to it!

What is it SPB says .... His lips are moving but all I hear is Blah Blah Blah!
  17. This stinks on a considerable number of layers.

The whole Family have done nothing for this country, his Father was the @rsehole who told the President NOT TO SUPPORT UK during WW2.

Mind you I expect the family of Mary Jo Kopechne. are totally impressed.AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaGGGgggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
  18. What is it with this obsequious approach by our politicians to the Yanks it's beginning to make me feel bilious? Thatcher/Reagan, Blair/Bush, Brown/ Obama. They, the Yanks even have the paranoid cheek to fingerprint us Brits when we visit their country why are we not doing the same to them when they visit the old country?
  19. pity Oswald fcuked up and did not go for the double.
  20. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It is possible to be an Irishman and support the ideal of Republicanism, but without achieving it through the use of violence, as demonstrated by the PIRA... :thumright: