Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZ APES

Darb

Lantern Swinger
Having briefly lived in the TAS Apes mess down aft on HMS Ajax, my understanding was they were called TAS apes not TAZ apes.

It's a bit like calling a stokey boy a Spanner Tanker, or an EW rate, a Dolly. Simple really....

gizawetofyagoffaskin said:
Having briefly lived in the TAS Apes mess down aft on HMS Ajax, my understanding was they were called TAS apes not TAZ apes.

It's a bit like calling a stokey boy a Spanner Tanker, or an EW rate, a Dolly. Simple really....

who you calling a Dolly ;-)

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger
I was in the Mob 1974-1980 and am looking for a Sonar Operators badge of that era. If you look at my avatar, the only difference between that and the one that I am looking for is that mine had the letter "C" underneath the
harpoon. This stood for Contoller.
Any body got one for sale or know where I could get one? Have tried EBay and about a million other sites....no joy. 8)

imom1406

War Hero
gizawetofyagoffaskin said:

You are absolutely right it is TAS, but has been corrupted...

Latest Threads