TAZ APES

Darb

Lantern Swinger
Having briefly lived in the TAS Apes mess down aft on HMS Ajax, my understanding was they were called TAS apes not TAZ apes.

It's a bit like calling a stokey boy a Spanner Tanker, or an EW rate, a Dolly. Simple really....

gizawetofyagoffaskin said:
Having briefly lived in the TAS Apes mess down aft on HMS Ajax, my understanding was they were called TAS apes not TAZ apes.

It's a bit like calling a stokey boy a Spanner Tanker, or an EW rate, a Dolly. Simple really....
who you calling a Dolly ;-)

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger
I was in the Mob 1974-1980 and am looking for a Sonar Operators badge of that era. If you look at my avatar, the only difference between that and the one that I am looking for is that mine had the letter "C" underneath the
harpoon. This stood for Contoller.
Any body got one for sale or know where I could get one? Have tried EBay and about a million other sites....no joy. 8)

gizawetofyagoffaskin said:

You are absolutely right it is TAS, but has been corrupted...