Tax Mitigation Payment 21/22

Subzero

To keep it quick..

The tax mitigation payment is to offset the difference between Scottish higher taxpayers and the rest of the UK, for current serving members.

My question.. has anyone on here looked into this year's payment? I've tried both HMRC and the UPO but they had little to no idea what I was talking about.

Or, if anyone on here can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

I usually wouldn't be too fussed about it but the difference between last year and this year's payment is significant and my circumstances haven't changed much at all.

Link to read about it if you haven't heard of it:

Waspie

War Hero
To keep it quick..

The tax mitigation payment is to offset the difference between Scottish higher taxpayers and the rest of the UK, for current serving members.

My question.. has anyone on here looked into this year's payment? I've tried both HMRC and the UPO but they had little to no idea what I was talking about.

Or, if anyone on here can point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

I usually wouldn't be too fussed about it but the difference between last year and this year's payment is significant and my circumstances haven't changed much at all.

Link to read about it if you haven't heard of it:

Stick me in the HMRC & UPO box!!!
Never heard of it!!
@vauxhall one for you perhaps!!!

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Stick me in the HMRC & UPO box!!!
Never heard of it!!
@vauxhall one for you perhaps!!!
Scotland sets their own tax rates and have different points at which the higher rates begin. My understanding is that there is a payment made to those posted to bases in Scotland to ensure that they are not financial disadvantaged by that posting. I will, however, double check with HQ to ensure I have it right.