Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ben91, Feb 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whys the ruling on tattoo on forearms and legs? I know the no tattoos on head face neck hands ect
  2. The search facility on this site works wonders, if you can be bothered to type the word 'tattoos' into the search box, you'll find a fine selection of threads relating to the topic!
  3. Provided that they are not offensive tattoo on the arms and legs are OK

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

So this will be OK.....I have more pics if you really need to see them..

• Like Like x 1
  5. The tattoo is prob within the rules, but the piercing isn't. Not that I've ever heard of anyone checking for intimate piercings.
  6. SOOOO lets get this right,your saying i cant join the RN ,

7. I have one on my forearm saying "too fast to live too young to die" yea I know it was a good idea at the time. And one in my leg my DOB on roman numerals. Just incase I forget lol. Will these be acceptable
  8. Why is that?
  9. I meant why can't I have them? Can I not just get it covered up with a dark patterned tattoo. It would be cheaper
  10. Would the DOB in roman numerals be a problem? I'll try ad post one. I'm on a iPhone though not a computer
  11. The English writings not such a problem but no-one reads roman anymore, could cause confusion.
  12. The one on my forearm

Attached Files:

13. Everyone knows what roman numerals are though
  14. I thought it was up to the advisor at the Afco?
  15. Thy saw it 3 yet ago when I first applied and I filled in the form marking them out on the diagram and a description of what they are.y date for Raleigh is 22nd July just scared that I'm going to hand my notice in at work then get discharged for something stupid like a tat
  16. Bit of luck then as I'm taking the piss :slow:
  17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

My mate had "TNUC" tattooed on his forehead and he got in. Mind you, he was a massive elohesra.