Discussion in 'RFA' started by C.Morgan, Nov 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anyone knows the policy on tattoos in the RFA? I have 25 tattoos in total mostly on my fore arms and upper arms,all of them a traditional style i.e daggers,hearts,swallows,pin-ups etc etc.Id just like know if this would to know if this would hold me back?
  2. The general rule of thumb is as long as they are not visible whilst wearing your Nos 1's (Best dress uniform) it's okay i.e nothing below the wrist, on the neck, face or head. I knew a lad who had a tattoo that had to be covered before he was allowed to join also as it was deemed "offensive"; in his case it was of a "Political nature". What you have sounds fine. I didn't have any tattoo's before I joined now I have quite a few, it's pretty standard to have a "Gash Tat" run when away overseas. I hope this is of some help to you and good luck!
  3. Hi C.Morgan,

theymademedoit is probably referring to his experience in the RN

Not many regular RFA posters at RR, but have you looked at the 'Toys Out Of The Pram Unofficial RFA Website' ?

You should get a better lead from them, best of luck.

4. Funnily enough I spoke to the RFA recruiting section about this the other day. No bar to entry on any tattoos. So you should be OK with them matey

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, the RFA Recruiting Blurb (quoted in this thread: )states the following:

I'm assuming RFA people aren't easily offended.
  6. RFA don't really wear 'No1 uniforms' (well, Officer type chap's wear nice ice cream suits out the Gulf and Carribean and that), and I don't think anyone in the company would give a flying one about where your tatoo's are mate.

I've sailed with lads with them up on their neck and all kinds.

You'll be fine.
  7. No bar to entry as SM and NS have mentioned above, however if they are offensive (in any way), then you may have snags when you get to training.