Tattoos

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Muzza, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hay guys,

Want to join the navy but need to know if I can. I have a tattoo on my neck. It is not offensif, just my partners name.

Any help would be good...

Muzza.

2. I'm sure the Navy will appreciate your GSOH...... :twisted:

[​IMG]

3. I have "We Are The People" across my back with a big RFC logo interwined and I was allowed to apply. If that helps atall.

WATP
    Jonny

4. RFC?

In fact for that matter 'we are the people'?

5. rankers football club of glasgow

6. how do the rules stand on getting tattoos during the process?

Ive filled out my tattoo form and have my medical on 3rd July. If I was to get another tattoo before I go to Raleigh, would this be a problem when I have my medical down at Raleigh, and the tattoo is not on the declaration sheet?

7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

What does "we are the people mean?".

8. Probably so people can differentiate them from goats or something I suppose.

Takes all sorts.

9. You can read what the rules are on the link posted above but best advice would be not to bother until you finish training. What difference will a couple of months make to something that will be on your skin for the rest of your life?

10. I've got...

''WE ARE THE WORRRRRRLD! WE ARE THE CHIIIIILDREN! WE ARE THE ONES TO MAKE A BRIGHTER DAY SO LETS START GIVING!''

along the shaft of my penis and i got in no dramas.

11. Not in block capitals though. :lol:

12. Actually, In Bold, Times Roman Numeral, Font size 72.

13. I'm impressed..........that you've got enough blood to engorge both your member and keep an air supply going to your noggin.
    Good effort that man.

14. I've seen the Edinburgh Tattoo on tele,is that the same?

15. How much do I win if I put £350 on Muzza regretting having his current girlfriend's name tattooed on the back of his neck?

16. You'll be OK as long as it's not a Sheep....................Shagger

SM

Tricky Tree

:lol:

17. If the tattoo is visible above the neck of a normal T shirt then you will not be allowed to join the RN with it. If it is not visible above a collared shirt then you might be OK for the RM's.

The basic rule now days is not visible tattoos ie above the neck line (Where the neck joins your shoulders) or below the watch line on your wrist.

Supermario

:)

18. That's a Live Tattoo. Muzza's one is passivly snoozing on his neck until such time as his beloved GF skulks off and leaves him having to explain to his new GF why someone else's name other than his mum's, is clinging like a leech to his throbbing neck as the tears flow freely down his red cheeks and his knees are sore with grovelling! :twisted:

"Gerroff", he'll tell the tat, but of course only painful surgery performed by pussers own sadists (yes, the crushers) will liberate him from his source of shame.

Pusser's method of tat removal :twisted:

[​IMG]

Muzza's neck sometime later..... complete with charred zits!

[​IMG]

19. Cheers SM!! lol already got a ram, not a sheep haha