Tattoos on Women

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
24 years in the mob and never had one - used to think to myself 'he will look a proper tit when he is after a job/60+ - especially those with a dotted line around the throat and 'cut here' bloody great wings on the thumb webbing etc

Now more women are getting them - it looks even worse - I have yet to see how a tattoo enhances a womens' looks - what do you think

Curtesy of BNM Women, an appreciation

1523545742545.png

24 years in the mob and never had one - used to think to myself 'he will look a proper tit when he is after a job/60+ - especially those with a dotted line around the throat and 'cut here' bloody great wings on the thumb webbing etc

Now more women are getting them - it looks even worse - I have yet to see how a tattoo enhances a womens' looks - what do you think

Curtesy of BNM Women, an appreciation

View attachment 31159
Dusty,

I do not mind the discreet ones on the back or belly but am not a fan of the Jodie Marsh look. Too many is too many whether on a woman or man.

I think tattoos are fine but consideration regarding what you do or intend to do for a career should be taken into account when having them done. For example, I do not think it suitable having tats on the face, head neck or hands if you are in a customer facing area where your appearance is important. I appreciate that a tattoo does not give any indication of the ability of someone to do a particular job but first impressions often make or break how things proceed.

Just my thoughts but then again I am biased as I have 4 tattoos but none visible when wearing a long sleeved shirt.

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
I'm a bit ambivalent. Never had one myself and subscribe (in my own case) to @Dusty70's view, "he will look a proper tit when he is after a job/60+". On the other hand, I was on a train yesterday when I noticed an attractive younger lady with a tattoo on her thigh disappearing upwards (she WAS wearing a short skirt) and thought, "I'd like to see where that ends up". Some years ago a lady friend (now unfortunately deceased) had a small unicorn tattooed just below her right shoulder, which was so discreet it would hardly be noticed, even in swimwear. My daughter has a number of tattoos on her upper arms and I don't really approve, but it's her choice.

My old man had three tats and when I was a lad thought they were the bees knees.
When I joined the RN my dad told me never to get any as he regretted having his.
Took his advice and luckilly even when pissed never got one.

I have ink on my upper arms and one above my left tit which no one will ever see even when I am wearing a T shirt . they are personal to me. Warm day last summer and I had been doing a spot of gardening wearing a vest , popped into my local shop for a goffer and the looks from the other punters says it all.

Young lady who works for me has loads of tats. I've known her for years and told her she'd regret them one day. She's now admitted she doesn't like any of them and is saving up to get them removed, preferring the scarring to the tats.

I'm ink free myself as I never saw the point of them, neither of my sons have them either.

I suspect that more women have tattoos than people realise, because they are not necessarily visible ones.

I gather that there is a distinct trend among middle-aged women to have very small tattoos à la Samantha Cameron (a dolphin on her heel) - a dainty butterfly on the shoulder, a flower, that kind of thing. You would probably only see it if the woman were on the beach in swimwear.

If I did see a woman walking down the street who had very visible tattoos, it would catch my eye and I would think .... "Oh, umm .... I hope that's not something you regret because having it removed will be a real pain".

I would wonder if it limited her choice of clothes eg maybe in the summer, but someone who is female and has heavy tattoos has probably had them done because she wants them to be visible and wouldn't be bothered.

I think that it can be a problem for women whose weight fluctuates; I can imagine that a tattoo could distort if you put on a lot of weight and your dainty humming bird could start to look like an oven-ready turkey.

Ultimately, it's a question of choice, isn't it? There are a lot of things you can choose to do to make yourself look different - long, scarlet nails, glittery mascara - tattoos are just an extension of that and a choice made as to how you want to look. Sometimes women wear things which really don't look good visually, but if the woman in question likes the way she looks, that's fine, it's her choice.

Just to add that I gather that CAs in the AFCOs do come across people who regret having tattoos done, because there are candidates who come in with tattoos across their hands and round their necks and this fact causes very real problems with the progress of their applications.

clonmel

Lantern Swinger
I used to go out with a gynaecologist who had a massive Celtic-style pattern across her lower back, about 4" above her arse crack. I used to refer to it as my "splash target"; she loved that, clearly.

Personally I think tattoos on women look about as classy as skidmarks in their pants.

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
I used to go out with a gynaecologist who had a massive Celtic-style pattern across her lower back, about 4" above her arse crack. I used to refer to it as my "splash target"; she loved that, clearly.

Personally I think tattoos on women look about as classy as skidmarks in their pants.
An arrow on her stomach pointing to the lower erogenous zone stating "It goes in here"

A young lady went to a tattoo artist and said 'I'd like you to tattoo a butterfly on each cheek of my bum, to surprise my husband on our wedding night.'
Tattoo artist replies 'I can't do butterflies, but I can do bees'.
Girl agrees and has them done.
On her wedding night she lifts her nightie and bends right over, saying to her new husband,'What do you think of this?'
He replies, Very nice, who the hell is BOB?'

I have to agree with the majority of replies, inasmuch as I don't find tattoos on women particularly attractive. I feel a bit of a hypocrite however, as I have a few myself, including the matching pair of swallows on my hands that seemed a great idea back in 1964 :( !
My other tatts don't show when I wear long sleeves, but as I've got older, I've regretted the swallows more and more, although Mrs Skyvet says she likes them. They were also an embarrassment in my last job, which was a uniformed profession, and I always had to wear lightweight gloves to conceal them when at work.
The choice of having tattoos is always down to the individual concerned, but speaking as an "old and bold" my advice to anyone contemplating having one would be "don't" !
That is all ............

A young lady went to a tattoo artist and said 'I'd like you to tattoo a butterfly on each cheek of my bum, to surprise my husband on our wedding night.'
Tattoo artist replies 'I can't do butterflies, but I can do bees'.
Girl agrees and has them done.
On her wedding night she lifts her nightie and bends right over, saying to her new husband,'What do you think of this?'
He replies, Very nice, who the hell is BOB?'
o_O

I just wonder what all the trendy young things covering themselves in ink will think in a few years when all they have are numerous green blobs on their bodies. I have noticed that the ink used now seems to be much lighter/finer than in days of old, so probably will not last as long, hence my observation about green blobs.

I do not like tats on a female - 'tramp stamps'. All following the herd to be individual........

As a member of the crap tats club I also agree with most of the comments, like skyvet also have the matching swallows which I do not bother to hide but the rest I do if possible. The usual advice to youngsters don’t have them but then again did we listen, unfortunately no.