Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tattoos and advancement

fishface

MIA
Book Reviewer
Alright guys

Firstly sorry if this has been asked before I did try searching for it but couldn't find anything.

Just a couple of things;

I've had my application accepted and am just waiting for security clearence and a start date. When I filled my application I had no tattoos but I'm thinking of getting one now. Do I need to inform my AFCO and get a new proforma to fill in or can I just leave it?

Also is it true that officers can't have any visible tatt's including when short sleave working rig and the like?

Cheers Lads
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
The rules are for everyone, officers and ratings. Tattoos which extend beyond the collar onto the neck, or beyond the cuff, or indeed are on the face, head or hand would be a bar to entry. It is also forbidden to those serving to get tattoos of this sort. Also banned are 'offensive' tattoos (the criteria for 'offensive' being decided upon by your recruiting officer for potential recruits, and your CO for those serving). Tattoos on the fore-arm which are not normally visible are acceptable, but you may be ordered to cover it up in certain circumstances (eg a tat of a naked woman when you are QM in an Arab country).
 

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
fishface said:
Alright guys

Firstly sorry if this has been asked before I did try searching for it but couldn't find anything.

Just a couple of things;

I've had my application accepted and am just waiting for security clearence and a start date. When I filled my application I had no tattoos but I'm thinking of getting one now. Do I need to inform my AFCO and get a new proforma to fill in or can I just leave it?

Also is it true that officers can't have any visible tatt's including when short sleave working rig and the like?

Cheers Lads

By typing Tattoo in the RR search box I came up with this

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=24534.html

Best advice, leave the tattoo's until you get out of training
 

fishface

MIA
Book Reviewer
ooops, i knew somthing would be on there, not sure how I didnt find it :dontknow:

cheers guys, tbh filling in another tattoo proforma seemed like a whole load of effort when i can just wait
 

slim

War Hero
fishface said:
ooops, i knew somthing would be on there, not sure how I didnt find it :dontknow:

cheers guys, tbh filling in another tattoo proforma seemed like a whole load of effort when i can just wait

If you consider filling in a tattoo proforma a load of effort then you are going to struggle with passing basic training
 

soleil

War Hero
BRd 81

0217

Body Art (Tattoos):



(1) Tattoos which are visible when No1 uniform is being worn, whether because they extend beyond the collar or cuff, or because they are being worn on the face, neck or hands, are not acceptable, are contrary to current regulations and must not be acquired. Officer and Senior Rate tropical No1 uniform do expose forearms and lower upper arms. Regulations permit the exposure of tattoos in these areas, provided they conform to the rules governing all tattoos wherever they may be.



(2) Tattoos are not acceptable if they are judged by the Commanding Officer, or at the recruiting stage the Recruiting Officer, prior to enlistment into the Naval Service, reasonably likely to:


(a) Undermine the authority or dignity of the Service or bring discredit to the Service.


(b) Offend others or invite provocation, for example because they are obscene, lewd, crude, or intimidating or are in any way offensive to members of any minority group.


(c) Affect the employability of the wearer, for example by making it unacceptable for that person to parade or stand guard in public, or, depending on Branch/Specialisation and career profile, to engage on special operations.


In addition, visible tattoos must not be garish or numerous or particularly prominent (which will depend on its size and location). Commanding Officers may order personnel with tattoos, which contravene the provisions above, but are not visible in No1 uniform, to cover them up.



(3) Serving personnel who presently have tattoos, which contravene the regulations will be dealt with on a case by case basis by the chain of command who will make a judgement based on when the tattoo was acquired and under what circumstances. Personnel acquiring tattoos that contravene the Service policy set out at sub para (2), will be invited to have their tattoos removed at their own expense. Acquisition of tattoos in contravention of the regulations and policy will result in disciplinary action and subsequent failure to remove tattoos is most likely to result in administrative discharge SHORE after an appropriate period on warning.
 

scouse

War Hero
slim said:
fishface said:
ooops, i knew somthing would be on there, not sure how I didnt find it :dontknow:

cheers guys, tbh filling in another tattoo proforma seemed like a whole load of effort when i can just wait

If you consider filling in a tattoo proforma a load of effort then you are going to struggle with passing basic training
:wink: :wink: Maybe it would help him,before joining up to have the famous Dixie Dean Tatts. "TA " in the palm of your hand, and F**K O*F across the little finger on the saluting hand, PS I know fortnightly pay went out with the ARK :lol: :lol:
 

Rumrat

War Hero
scouse said:
slim said:
fishface said:
ooops, i knew somthing would be on there, not sure how I didnt find it :dontknow:

cheers guys, tbh filling in another tattoo proforma seemed like a whole load of effort when i can just wait

If you consider filling in a tattoo proforma a load of effort then you are going to struggle with passing basic training
:wink: :wink: Maybe it would help him,before joining up to have the famous Dixie Dean Tatts. "TA " in the palm of your hand, and F**K O*F across the little finger on the saluting hand, PS I know fortnightly pay went out with the ARK :lol: :lol:


Can't say as I knew Noah, although I did serve with quite a few animals. :wink:
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Rumrat said:
scouse said:
slim said:
fishface said:
ooops, i knew somthing would be on there, not sure how I didnt find it :dontknow:

cheers guys, tbh filling in another tattoo proforma seemed like a whole load of effort when i can just wait

If you consider filling in a tattoo proforma a load of effort then you are going to struggle with passing basic training
:wink: :wink: Maybe it would help him,before joining up to have the famous Dixie Dean Tatts. "TA " in the palm of your hand, and F**K O*F across the little finger on the saluting hand, PS I know fortnightly pay went out with the ARK :lol: :lol:


Can't say as I knew Noah, although I did serve with quite a few animals. :wink:

Biblical question. How come every creature on the planet was within walking distance of the Ark. Was it as big as the Massive or was there only one small land mass "back in the day"??
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
WreckerL said:
Biblical question. How come every creature on the planet was within walking distance of the Ark. Was it as big as the Massive or was there only one small land mass "back in the day"??
Ah, you have made the mistake of assuming Noah saved all the animals. He only saved the ones within walking/flying/hopping/crawling/slithering distance. All those outside the catchment area who were unable to survive a water environment perished, which is why there are no dinosaurs left.
 

soleil

War Hero
OMG have I :eek:

Must look ............

Ah yes, so I see ...........

100 lines and half an hour's detention for me then .........

:lol:
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Joe_Crow said:
WreckerL said:
Biblical question. How come every creature on the planet was within walking distance of the Ark. Was it as big as the Massive or was there only one small land mass "back in the day"??
Ah, you have made the mistake of assuming Noah saved all the animals. He only saved the ones within walking/flying/hopping/crawling/slithering distance. All those outside the catchment area who were unable to survive a water environment perished, which is why there are no dinosaurs left.

Not even diesel ones 8O
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
Sol, I must say, I feel a bit responsible for leading you astray. Would you like to borrow my five-pens-taped-together lines writing device?

Wreckage, Leviticus 11:12, 11:15 (KJV) refers.
 

soleil

War Hero
Joe_Crow said:
Sol, I must say, I feel a bit responsible for leading you astray. Would you like to borrow my five-pens-taped-together lines writing device?

Wreckage, Leviticus 11:12, 11:15 (KJV) refers.

So you should.

Yes, your five-pens-taped-together lines writing device will be most welcome ........

:lol:
 

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
soleil said:
Joe_Crow said:
Sol, I must say, I feel a bit responsible for leading you astray. Would you like to borrow my five-pens-taped-together lines writing device?

Wreckage, Leviticus 11:12, 11:15 (KJV) refers.

So you should.

Yes, your five-pens-taped-together lines writing device will be most welcome ........

:lol:

I had to google that Joe, didn't realise you got a mensh. And it seems you can't eat hardly anything and roadkill is a definite no no.

Sol. write one line, scan it and then cut'n'paste to your hearts content.
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
WreckerL said:
I had to google that Joe, didn't realise you got a mensh...

Did you also spot (in twelve) that seagoers who are not scaly, and don't have a fin, are an abomination? :twisted:
 

soleil

War Hero
Joe_Crow said:
WreckerL said:
I had to google that Joe, didn't realise you got a mensh...

Did you also spot (in twelve) that seagoers who are not scaly, and don't have a fin, are an abomination? :twisted:

I googled it too (ok, so it's a Sunday evening .......)

and that bit made me laugh!

:)
 

Joe_Crow

War Hero
Here you go, Sol. I've finished mine.
Here you go, Sol. I've finished mine.

Here you go, Sol. I've finished mine.
Here you go, Sol. I've finished mine.

Here you go, Sol. I've finished mine.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil ITV News: "Armed Forces Tattoos Photography Exhibition Opens In London" History 25
Dusty70 Tattoos on Women Diamond Lil's 52
O Tattoos during application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
F Tattoos again Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
F Tattoos. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
M Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
K Officers & Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 87
joeG Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Tattoos RFA 5
S Scorpion Tattoos? Nearest & Dearest 13
Good CO Get your tattoos removed on TV - Channel 4 The Quarterdeck 0
L Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
B Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
F Tattoos while waiting? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
janner Tattoos? Miscellaneous 1
C Tattoos? RFA 6
J Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
L Tattoos International 12
D TATTOOS The Corps 28
marmalizer Navy Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
P Tattoos Health & Fitness 17
M Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
rikbones Tattoos? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
R Hey everyone, advise on tattoos please... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Gazza82 Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 53
F WOMEN and TATTOOS - Love or hate women with tattoos? The Quarterdeck 22
B tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Tas-ape Extreme Tattoos (WARNING) Diamond Lil's 31
H tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
H tattoos The Quarterdeck 61
J Able Cadet Advancement SCC and URNU 5
mikh Promotion and Advancement The Fleet 9
alfred_the_great RNR Promotion/advancement Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
Similar threads



































Latest Threads

Top