Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tattoos again

Hi all, I know the subject has been done to death before. But does anyone actually understand what is meant by "particualry prominent", like full sleeves. As loads of people seem to get them once joined with no disciplinary action?

Seadog

War Hero
And sailors tattoos were mermaids and sailing ships, not some old Celtic bollocks or Latin pish beneath a seemingly random pattern that has 'meaning' to the tattooee only.

Quality has improved, ink, art and application but yes, every tweed jacket, skinny jeans, big specs, beardy hipster has twattoos. As for the blokes.....

Time for sailors to stand out from the crowd again. I repeat;

Don't get tattooed,

and shave.

And sailors tattoos were mermaids and sailing ships, not some old Celtic bollocks or Latin pish beneath a seemingly random pattern that has 'meaning' to the tattooee only.

Quality has improved, ink, art and application but yes, every tweed jacket, skinny jeans, big specs, man bun, beardy hipster has twattoos. As for the blokes.....

Time for sailors to stand out from the crowd again. I repeat;

Don't get tattooed,

and shave.

no charge :)

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Correct me if I'm wrong @Ninja_Stoker , but prominency and Offence levels can be surgeon's call at medical?

Said it before, said it again, don't write on your body...

Answer to 2 number is already in and know lots of people with sleeves. The joining up forum seemed to be only one where the subject comes up

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong @Ninja_Stoker , but prominency and Offence levels can be surgeon's call at medical?

Said it before, said it again, don't write on your body...
It's actually the careers advisers call rather than the Doc's. It makes for interesing reading on some days, but I guess someone has to do it.

The regulations for those serving differ to those for entry (likewise medical standards in service differ to those for entry).

For those serving the unit Commanding Officer can give an ultimation 'get rid or lose your job' but although I'm sure we've all seen 'illegal' tatts, few CO's seem to enforce it, it's particularly evident in the Royal Marines but I guess they're more interested in the guy doing his job than his aesthetic conformity.

The Army will now accept tats on the neck, face & hands...within reason. Likewise Royal can have tatts on his hands nowadays.

I've yet to hear of anyone being binned under the 'excessive' tatts clause for entry, sleeves included - as long as they aren't visible in number one uniform/blues.

I always enjoy sending guys on PRMC with a Corps tatt, it's always appreciated in Lympstone :)

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Yeah, noted, but if the person turns up to medical with '**** Off' written across their chest. Mind you, that was back in the day with a service medic I spose...

BillyNoMates

War Hero
@Ninja_Stoker Whats the worst tat thats been seen at the afco

Ninja Stokers will take a lot of beating.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil ITV News: "Armed Forces Tattoos Photography Exhibition Opens In London" History 25
Dusty70 Tattoos on Women Diamond Lil's 52
O Tattoos during application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
F Tattoos. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
M Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
K Officers & Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 87
joeG Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Tattoos RFA 5
S Scorpion Tattoos? Nearest & Dearest 13
Good CO Get your tattoos removed on TV - Channel 4 The Quarterdeck 0
L Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
B Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
F Tattoos while waiting? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
janner Tattoos? Miscellaneous 1
C Tattoos? RFA 6
fishface Tattoos and advancement Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
J Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
L Tattoos International 12
D TATTOOS The Corps 28
marmalizer Navy Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
P Tattoos Health & Fitness 17
M Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
rikbones Tattoos? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
R Hey everyone, advise on tattoos please... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Gazza82 Tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 53
F WOMEN and TATTOOS - Love or hate women with tattoos? The Quarterdeck 22
B tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
Tas-ape Extreme Tattoos (WARNING) Diamond Lil's 31
H tattoos Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
H tattoos The Quarterdeck 61
MoD_RSS Face to face assessments start again at the CNC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Save the Children UK can bid for Government funding again after improving safeguarding standards MoD News 0
D well meet again Diamond Lil's 6
D We'll meet again Diamond Lil's 2
Pandaplodder Cybernats at it again! #indyref2 Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Work starts again to improve flood defences in Lower Bootham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fish start to spawn again after successful restoration work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government welcomes broadcasters' move to get the cameras rolling again MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We will meet again: government honours VE Day with UK first-ever skytyping display MoD News 0
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS News story: Blackpool Tower rides again MoD News 0
B Vetting (again!) RFA 21
L Can I join again?? Osteopenia and vitamin d deficiency Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl ranked in the Top 100 employers for school leavers...again! MoD News 0
T Medical problems... again! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Civvy to matelot and back again The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 8
Keithdwat579 Expanding the Navy again Current Affairs 111
fishhead Say again your last Land Ops 2