Tattoo query

I have been lurking round here for a few months trying to read up as much as possible. I have read many threads about tattoos and from what I see as long is the tattoo is not obsene or on the head/neck/hands everything should be good. I am not long off the phone to my AFCO who has informed me that my tattoo may be a bar from entry as it passes where my watchstrap would be. I have to go in sometime before my Recruit test to let them check it out. The other thing about my tattoo is that it is a UV tattoo and appears as just some scar tissue in daylight. Would this help in any way regarding the watchstrap issue?

I know you can't really make a decision without seeing the tattoo, but I'm not quite sure how that falls into PERSEC and would just like to know if I should be preparing for a yes or no.

I joined with several tattoos on my forearms and have another booked for Friday as it happens.

Just make sure you go in there with a bottle of pussers rum and a pack of biscuits. The old and bold love all that.

Well apparently my tattoo is acceptable. Though it took 4 different people to look at it. Just need to pass my psychometric test now in november.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I say Boy, I say Boy, I say Boy, just hold on there a cotton picking minute;

WTF is an Ultraviolet tattoo? I'm a man of the world and all that but are you seriously saying that you have a tattoo that I will only be able to see when the two of us are bopping about under the Disco Lights at Emmas.?

I say Boy, I say Boy, I say Boy, just hold on there a cotton picking minute;

WTF is an Ultraviolet tattoo? I'm a man of the world and all that but are you seriously saying that you have a tattoo that I will only be able to see when the two of us are bopping about under the Disco Lights at Emmas.?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_tattoo
Here you go Trainer ... wiki (if it can be believed)! But sounds about right