Tattoo policy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gumble10, Jul 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im thinking about getting a tattoo on the top of my arm which will be st george slaying the dragon would this be acceptable or would this offend groups therefore stop me going in the navy?

2. Better still a tattoo of an EDL thug in an England kit burning down a mosque, that might offend as much as this blatant presentation of English symbolism..... No BTW.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So you think ill be fine to get it done then

4. Nicely put.

5. Guess you lot don't think it's a very good idea by the sounds of it

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

One thing few consider;

The rules regarding tattoos are on the RN website and whilst a non-offensive tattoo that is not visible in parade uniform isn`t normally a problem...One that can identify the individual, their military affiliation or country of origin can limit employment on certain operations of a covert/sensitive nature, according to the "good book". Unlikely, but possible.

7. Apart from identifying an individual, tats are shite and a waste of money (IMHO of course).

8. Inclined to agree. I have two and, a bit like Marmite and royal babies, I neither hate not love them. I'm totally indifferent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. :shock: What curious objects for a seemingly indifferent man to adorn himself with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. No, my commas made that clear. I think. Got to be careful, I lost last time with you :-x

11. I like tattoos. If they are good though- so no don't get that.

12. And whatever you do, make sure you put it where you can see it . . .

tattoo.jpg

• Like Like x 1