Tattoes are back in fasion.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rum_rat, Jul 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bin laden’s sons wife has more tattoes than a three badge stoker I once served with on submarines.

TERROR chief Osama bin Laden’s son yesterday spoke of his happiness at marrying an eccentric Cheshire gran. Omar bin Laden, 26, issued a statement confirming he had tied the knot with Jane Felix-Browne, 51.

See photo:
  2. I wonder if this means he can qualify for British citizenship? Oh! Then can he claim family benefits for his second wife in Saudi Arabia and all the children they may or may not have? I remember polygamy has been mentioned on Rum Ration before but I can't remember the outcome of the discussion.

Wouldn't it be fun though if the British Government was giving dole money to Osama bin Laden's son! I know he's a scrap metal dealer in the Gulf but he's unemployed over here, so I wonder if that makes a difference?

Actually I think it would be more fun if Omar bin Laden renounced Islam and converted to Christianity. That WOULD make his father turn in his grave!
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's a fact, funnily enough, that the majority of personnel joining the service that have to fill out a "Tattoo proforma" (List of 'Tats') are female rather than male.
  4. i have three tats... and have seen the next one im getting... tats for me are more of a personel statement of how i am..... not about decorating myself.. my tats are not even visable (well unless im sleeping!!)
  5. So would they be Josie-cats-tats then?
  6. Just for starters the red colouring in tattoos is mercury and in regard to any kind of body mutilation not wise these days with all the nasties in the air and the blood . Did the dozen and still tatts free and happy about that. Can never understand anyone paying to have needles stuck in their body with a permanent mark and body piercing unbelievable . That's a comment not a criticism.
  7. have you got goodnight tattooed on the soles of your feet??

I have one tattoo... would never have another, I hear people saying that they are addictive and get more. It hurt way too much to consider more done, I would liken it to having a hot rusty blunt knife dragged through your skin. :whew:
  8. in some ways your right Hobbit.......... but with so much going on these days in our world that us little people have no control over the only thing left is our own bodies........(and yes i have extra piercings too!!) in every walk of life there is always some one ELSE who has the final say in what we do or dont do..........i waited till i was in my early 30's till i had my first tat..took a long hard time to deside so at least i know i will always be happy to have them,, each new tat has marked a time of great pain or happiness in my life ..so one day when my grandchildren ask me why i have them i can say with all honesty that i wanted them and they mean something to me and that i was not drunk when i did it........if people look at me and all they can see are my tats or piercings then that is their loss not mine....and thats my personel view not a criticism

( by the way Hobbit i did not take it as a criticism,, we all have the right to our views) and ( Wombat you soo dont need to know where..LOL)
  9. I served with a stoker from Wales who had LH tattoed on his ding-a-ling.
    He told his messmates when he went on leave with his girfriend it spelt:

10. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.com is the longest single word (without hyphens) .com domain name in the world. It was registered by Internetters on 21st October 1999.

This Welsh town actually exists and its name translates as "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave".

For brevity, it is understandable that many of the locals simply refer to their village as "Llanfair" www.llanfair.com or "Llanfair PG" or "Llanfairpwll" which, of course, makes for easier typing and is faster to pronounce.
  11. [​IMG]

I guess that Josie-Cats-Tats will be on her Lats. Where else would they be?

(And before any of you old goats get too excited and damage something, that's dorso lateral muscles..... No, not those muscles! The ones under her arms! Blimey, it's getting like a cyberspace rest home around here!)
  12. Excellent. Would you do that in phonetics for the hard of reading & thinking? (And those of dubious Celtic descent who can't pronounce their own spelling never mind Taffs!)
  13. History of the Welsh language
    Welsh is the oldest language in Britain. Its roots go back at least 2,500 and possibly 4,000 years

14. I have 2 - but don't think i will be getting anymore--- no way would i want to look like amy winehouse!!
  15. Told you all before Osama Bin Lid is alive and well and living in Knutsford.

He will be on the curry powder stall in the big tent at Royal Horticultural Show :pukel: this weekend.

If you can afford the twenty three pounds admission fee go look for yourself!

Does anybody know a free way of getting into that show?besides displaying plants I managed the Cheshire Show without paying tagging on alongside the school choir that was entering in the disguise of adult supervisor. We saved twenty six quid that time.

16. Isn't that just made up by the Welsh,only to have something to brag about also? :twisted:

stands by for incoming insults :rage:
  17. Wonder what language the Brits spoke, say, before 4,000 years ago?. :w00t:
  18. uuuuhgg.....
  19. Josie....I understand that!! :w00t: :w00t: