Tales of the Golden Monkey

Over the years there have been a lot of conversations in my life like this

Cool person 1: "Remember the young ones - when the toilet said "Domestos - Whats Domestos?"?
Cool person 2: "ah yeah... that was unbleeeeeevably funny" (10 minutes of drunken laughing)
Cool person 3: "And what about Miami Vice..."
Cool person 1/2/3 "Living on a yacht with an alligator called Elvis.... " wahhhhaa.... (another 10 minues)
...(many tales later)
Good CO: "I say chaps does anyone remember Tales of the Golden Monkey - it was really spiffing!"

Deep deep silence........

Is there ANYONE out there who actually remembers this? I really did think for a while that I must have imagined it as a kid until my sanity was supported by the discovery of this website:

http://www.goldmonkey.com/

This will be a very short thread as the only possible answers are 'yes' or 'no'.

Must always ask open questions.... must always ask open questions....

yes i loved that ............ altho could never rember its name till now....

also loved ........Manamal..........thats was kind of cool tooo.....

what about beuty and the beast with linda hamilton???

I used to love this, but the only thing I remember was that I totally had the hots for Jake and that he had a pet monkey. The rest is a bit fuzzy.

I had the hots for the monkey. Each to their own.

It's nice to know I wasn't alone watching this series. As I said I really did start to wonder if I had imagined the whole thing until I found that website. Have you watched the clips? It's truly aweful.

Is there any better justification for the invention of the internet than the way it allows you an instant nostalga fix of barely remembered 80s TV drama's especially those premised as a homage to the Indy Jones Films.
Anyone remember "Hero". The title track was the the Bonny Tyler track of the same name?

Sadly, I do remember it, the way the token bird used to say "Jake Cuddah". It was the first thing I thought of when I saw that float plane in Arnies "Commando".

But, do you remember.....Hardcastle and McCormick. Brian Keith must have been drunk when he signed the contract.....

Good_CO said:
I had the hots for the monkey. Each to their own.

It's nice to know I wasn't alone watching this series. As I said I really did start to wonder if I had imagined the whole thing until I found that website. Have you watched the clips? It's truly aweful.
Couldn't be worse than 'Fantasy Island' with the short person ??

:lol:

clanky said:
Is there any better justification for the invention of the internet than the way it allows you an instant nostalga fix of barely remembered 80s TV drama's especially those premised as a homage to the Indy Jones Films.
Anyone remember "Hero". The title track was the the Bonny Tyler track of the same name?
Was that show not called "Cover Up"? I remember that one too, funnily enough because I totally had the hots for the guy in it!! :blowkiss:

I must have been no more than about 8 or 9 when these shows were on....

I remember this show. The bloke had a flying boat, his oppos were a fat bloke and a good looking girlie, along with the monkey. They had improbable adventures round the Pacific Islands and South East Asia in the 1930s. I seem to remember Nazis in there as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
slim The Quarterdeck 76
D Submariners 170