Tales from the Old Bailey

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Gombear, Nov 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The following is an extract from today’s choice from “Tales of the Old Bailey†at:
    http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/

“William Green was a 2d time indicted for a Riot and Assault upon William Jones . W. Jones deposed, that on the 26th of Nov. last, about 7 in the Evening, he was drinking at the Tewksbury-Church Alehouse in Whitechappel, when the Prisoner and others came in, knock'd him down, and drag'd him thro' Whitechappel to their usual Place of Rendezvous in the New Mint . There they stript him naked, and wore Sixpenny worth of Rods to the Stumps in whipping of him, and he believed he received a thousand Lashes. Then they put on his Cloaths again, and threw him into a Pit fill'd with Human Excrement, and other Filth, in which they dipt the Rods when they whipt him. There they duck'd him several times, and as they took him out, the Prisoner held him up by the Hair, and thrust a Turd into his Mouth; and then they attended him part of the Way home, with lighted Links. The Prisoner, when carry'd before Sir Isaac Tillard , desired to be made an Evidence against Mr. Saintloe. Another Witness deposed, that he saw the Prosecutor when he came back, attended with near two hundred of the Mob; but he was so cover'd over with Excrement, that he could see no Part of him but his Teeth. Guilty .

Punishments: Miscellaneous > fine; Corporal > pillory; Imprisonmentâ€

William Jones must have pissed them off something rotten, for them to have done that to him. 8O

IMO, Fascinating stuff.

2. Sounds like a decent night out in Union Street to be honest.

3. Just a thought; do you think that’s where the expression “You really grip my sh1tâ€, comes from? :lol:

4. :lol: I had a wild, screaming, scratching , wild and rampant sex session in an empty cell in the custody area of the Old Bailey a.k.a. Central Criminal Court. :wink: Not bragging or complaining just though that I'd mention it. 8)

5. Poor git.

I've woken up a few mornings knowing how Jones must have felt.

Did they nick his money and throw his clothes all over the house too?

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mod Edit:

"Send him down, Mr. Stiles..."

Despite the good intentions of the OP, this one is guilty, with no chance of remission...

To HMP Diamond, I believe!
    :wink:

7. Possibly,but more likely the saying "In the shit"

8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Was that with your cellmate?

9. No a fellow, female Prison Officer who swore undying love :roll: Alas she turned out to be fickle as she later got gang banged over a beer barrel out the back of the staff club H.M.P. Brixton :? "Kath" Ring any bells with any serving or former Prison Staff :roll: :?:

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Was this her? :shock:

[​IMG]

12. How dare you use a photo of me in your post :evil: :evil:

13. No need to get the hump 8O

14. Just the same as Recess :twisted: :wink:

15. :evil: The tribulations of William,- and the Anchor Gate lane hotel are pussy alongside the regime at the Reading Borstal Recall Centre for scroats who'd breached their release conditions. Not the Prison Services finest era. :twisted: