TAGGED....... a pain in the arse........

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by josiecats, Mar 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok........... I recived a email called TAGGED....
    i in my lack of spam experaince,,, ended up sending it to every one i know.............i was trying to delete the thing...........
    i have recived some unhappy emails from people...that i seem to have offended.............this was not my intention........

............ PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES................

if you recive a email called TAGGED dont even open it just delete it...............
    and if any one knows how to stop it please let me know.......... because i dont,......
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

2. Thankfully not recieved it , thanks for the warning though :wink:

3. i opened my inbox and had about 8 of these deleated them straight away.

4. Try a program called mail washer. I use it all the time, just run it before you use you use you mail program to review /delete unwanted mail spam etc, also you can bounce the mail. Hop this helps.

5. I have had about 20 of them i just delete them.

6. Best bit of advice I can give is if you receive an email from sombody you don't know, never open the attachment.

Another quick tip is install a firewall product - it won't filter the spam out (unless you buy the upgrade) but it will stop your computer doing silly things like emailing your bank details to the Russian Mafia. Here's a free download from one of the better firewall manufacturers: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp - Although there's nothing wrong with Norton or McAfee products.