Tacky Stuff

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by geoffg, Nov 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I always thought that mobile phones ringing in bars was "tacky".
    That was beaten by people wearing those blue tooth thingys in one ear while walking round the shops.
    Now I've found one that beats em all: walking round with a memory stick on a chain round their knecks!!

geoff :p
  2. OK I give in, whats a memory stick on a chain??????

3. Dear Nutty - its a plug in memory, in this case stick shaped (rather than any other) - and in all likelihood - on a chain ... :lol:
  4. This will come in handy then!

5. Thanks G-R and M-P

But if its on chain around your neck is no more than a decoration like sharks tooth's and gold nuggets of years past. Can it actualy do anything unless plugged in. If not what is the point or any I missing it????

6. Nutty,

To be honest they are quite handy, I work in IT and they are useful for swapping files around between computers or for saving important data (ie your favourite family snaps or email address book) just in case you're worried that your computer hard drive wraps it's hand in.

Depending on what size you need they are cheap as chips.

Hope that helps.
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

But why would you want it around your neck
  8. Brain Transplant.
  9. So you can plug your dongle into your USB at will, without searching in your handbag for something smaller than a tampax.

Does that help?

And besides, there was a big rush at our unit to get dongles and then the powers that be disabled the USB ports in our computers. Considering everything is done on computer or distributed via a disc now, how does that work?
  10. Dongles,USB,Tampax!Why is the world so complicated?????/
  11. Becuase you are a bloke Andy, everything is complicated for you.

For instance do you understand why we women need 27 handbags and 4 pairs of black trousers, that sometimes only chocolate will do and that given the choice we would leave you for George Clooney/Brad Pitt/Georgio Locatelli (delete as required)?

Can you multi task? I can talk, type and play with my kitten at the same time. You men find it hard to point and pee at the same time, what chance really do you have?
  12. 27 Handbags!!bloody novice,my missus must have well over 70 bloody handbags!And as for Shoes!!Dont get me started!
  13. I rest my case, this is why life is too complicated for you men. Perhaps you would have been happier in a time when men were men and small furry creatures from alpha centuri were small furry creatures from alpha centuri. or perhaps you are a kind of neanderthal type, bonking a woman over the head with your club and dragging her home for ... you know ... relations!
  14. Now thats a lot more simplified lifestyle!
  15. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist

.........I'll get my coat!
  16. Call it hypocrisy or just me bein cantankerous/cynical/romft but when mobiles are banned in the mess at the 'Grad how come the bloody place is now full of cyber geeks all hooked up to the wireless lan playin games, watchin youtube etc. No bugger bats an eyelid, just mutter into their beer and say "never would ave appened under the old ............ (fill in as appropriate).
  17. Just occurred, if anyone wondered, I'm not one of the cyber geeks sat in the greenhouse hooked up to said lan.
  18. "I'm on the bus", does my fxxxxxxxxxxg head in , even worse when they play some morinic shit music , even the driver does fxxk all , but then he's not paid to take shit is he , ggggggggggggg , :twisted: