Tabs,,, help needed

josiecats

War Hero
having for unknown reasons lost the "tab" ability on my explorer. i clicked somthing i shud not have,,, it then said if you want to re instae the tabs function. do this,,, but i cant remeber what THIS was..lol

any help would be most happily accepted.
x

Aah, ok.

Open Internet Explorer.
Click on Tools and then Click on Internet Options.
Near the bottom is Tabs, click on Settings.
At the top of the window that opens is the option "Enable Tabbed Browsing".
Tick that, click OK
Click Apply if required and restart Internet Explorer.

:)

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
Or you could always use system restore.
start
All programmes
accessories
system restore

choose 'restore mt computer to an earlier time"
select a highlighted date from the calender that appears
follow the on screen instructions and VOILA!

fly_past said:
start
All programmes
accessories
system restore

My god how drastic do you want to be over a simple setting?
System Restore should ONLY be used as a LAST RESORT!

A

angrydoc

fly_past said:
start
All programmes
accessories
system restore

Or you could give up and buy a new computer. That should work ;)

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
Lamri said:
fly_past said:
start
All programmes
accessories
system restore

My god how drastic do you want to be over a simple setting?
System Restore should ONLY be used as a LAST RESORT!
Agree that system restore should be used as last resort, but there is no harm KNOWING it exists and it has saved my bacon and aged befuddled brain on more than one occasion!

Use it, but dont OVERUSE it!

Presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty of farting in my wifes face! not bloody likely!

Please read the last line of my last post again Fly Past :)
In my opinion, System Restore should actually be called System RESET, because you are actually resetting the PC to an earlier time, and anything added after that time is lost.
Like I said, it really should only be used as a last resort, when all other avenues have been thoroughly checked :)

fly_past

Lantern Swinger
Lamri said:
Please read the last line of my last post again Fly Past :)
In my opinion, System Restore should actually be called System RESET, because you are actually resetting the PC to an earlier time, and anything added after that time is lost.
Like I said, it really should only be used as a last resort, when all other avenues have been thoroughly checked :)
Lamri, System restore is a useful tool if all else fails . I know it resets some settings etc but if you are stuck - and in a quandry.... it does help. It does not delete any recently made files of documents or any files you made but does restore the settings to the last known restore point.
As I said, it has helped me out and am glad it did. but I take your point too. :thanks:

josiecats

War Hero
Lamri said:
Aah, ok.

Open Internet Explorer.
Click on Tools and then Click on Internet Options.
Near the bottom is Tabs, click on Settings.
At the top of the window that opens is the option "Enable Tabbed Browsing".
Tick that, click OK
Click Apply if required and restart Internet Explorer.

:)
thank you .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

worked a treat..........

and yes am aware of restore... but have not had the need for that yet..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates When tabs were good for you. History 13
N Special Forces End to End with Tabs and Yomps The Corps 0
F Looking for information about Grandads pre-war ship service record... Can anyone help? History 5
MoD_RSS Help with mortgages to continue for homeowners affected by Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Bill will help your business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Additional £58 million to help Scotland tackle coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Care home support package backed by £600 million to help reduce coronavirus infections MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The United Kingdom announces two COVID-19 response services for eligible developing countries to help combat the impact of the virus on international MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Secure video calls to help prisoners maintain family ties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government guidance to help Britain's top sportsmen and women to return to training safely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guidance launched to help get Brits safely back to work MoD News 0
Stirlin Help to buy. The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS British Gurkhas and UK Government rescue mission to help stranded Brits in Nepal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Information for Help to Buy: Equity Loan customers during Coronavirus (COVID-19) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £6.1 million funding boost to help high streets and town centres through pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lifetime ISA rules changed to help people whose incomes are affected by Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New tech will help keep the criminal justice system moving during COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New mental fitness tool launched to help military enhance mental wellbeing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK firm pioneers technology to help communication in hospitals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clinical trial approved to help the NHS treat COVID-19 patients using plasma MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TALL Security Print export to Kenya with help from UKEF MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Covid-19 adoption support fund scheme to help vulnerable families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS works with tech firms to help care home residents and patients connect with loved ones MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 3D printers band together to help the front line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Peter volunteers to help the community MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Getting help if your business is in distress MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra support for schools and parents to help cope with coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS asks people to share their coronavirus symptoms to help others MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Help find new ways to ease global disruption: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary: NATO joint action can help to stop coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MHRA approves new life-saving breathing aid to help keep coronavirus (COVID-19) patients out of intensive care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A trial using nature to help reduce flood risk hailed a success MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Driving tests and MOTs for heavy vehicles suspended for up to 3 months to help tackle spread of coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Payment Holidays offered to Help to Buy homeowners affected by Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A raft of ideas to help track down the elusive water vole MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £8 million to help vulnerable people apply to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Just a minute: Spare 60 seconds to help save lives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS E3 statement on €5 million to help fight coronavirus in Iran: 02 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Africa Minister champions UK leadership to help educate girls and end preventable deaths MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Work continues to help those affected by flooding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Savers can earn 50p for every £1 they save with Help to Save scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Experts to help tackle poor behaviour in schools MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to help businesses with off-payroll working rules MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GTR's Try a Train days help to increase passengers' confidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New pharmacy referral service to help patients avoid hospital readmission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Early years apps approved to help families kick start learning at home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Peru and UK institutions exchange knowledge to help close the infrastructure gap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK aid to help stop the spread of coronavirus around the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Breathing Space to help millions in debt MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New online vehicle checker to help drivers prepare for clean air zones with charges MoD News 0