TA to RN

Hey guys , looking for a bit of advice i am currently a TA Signaller . thinking about going the RN . What trade do you have to be , to go in boarding partys and stuff like that ? .

any advice would he helpfull

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Looking at the thread tile I thought it was a 'thankyou' for something & was about to reply "Don't Mench"

As stated above Warfare are the main contenders for Boarding Parties from a matelot perspective, but the experts in this field are the Royal Marines Fleet Standby Rifle Troop, from the Fleet Protection Group. You can also be a signaller in the Corps. That said, the booties aren't as good looking as matelots, good though they are. :wink:

RN CIS's do the signalling bit in boarding ops, ET(ME)'s also conduct technical searches.

Good luck

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Generally speaking on frigates & destroyers there is only the one MA.

We usually have a first-aid trained person in the boarding party, but unlike Star Trek where they send the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Engineering Officer & Doctor, we tend to leave them on the ship & bring back casualties for treatment if needed

Ninja_Stoker said:
We usually have a first-aid trained person in the boarding party, but unlike Star Trek where they send the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Engineering Officer & Doctor, we tend to leave them on the ship & bring back casualties for treatment if needed
Don't forget the random Ensign in a red uniform who will almost certainly be coming back dead, or dematerialised!