TA to RN

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by TAsqaudie, Nov 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys , looking for a bit of advice i am currently a TA Signaller . thinking about going the RN . What trade do you have to be , to go in boarding partys and stuff like that ? .

any advice would he helpfull
  2. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

You need to apply as a splash target cox'n if you want to go boarding party.
  3. :roll: lol...
  4. Warfare
  5. Some of our CIS guys go work with 148 Battery, which if that floats your boat could be achievable....
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Looking at the thread tile I thought it was a 'thankyou' for something & was about to reply "Don't Mench"

As stated above Warfare are the main contenders for Boarding Parties from a matelot perspective, but the experts in this field are the Royal Marines Fleet Standby Rifle Troop, from the Fleet Protection Group. You can also be a signaller in the Corps. That said, the booties aren't as good looking as matelots, good though they are. :wink:

RN CIS's do the signalling bit in boarding ops, ET(ME)'s also conduct technical searches.

Good luck
  7. hi, i dont suppose MA's can go boarding party can they, just out of interest?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally speaking on frigates & destroyers there is only the one MA.

We usually have a first-aid trained person in the boarding party, but unlike Star Trek where they send the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Engineering Officer & Doctor, we tend to leave them on the ship & bring back casualties for treatment if needed
  9. Don't forget the random Ensign in a red uniform who will almost certainly be coming back dead, or dematerialised!
  10. if you are going in as a warfare specalist do you go on boarding partys?
  11. You again, didn't you ask this elsewhere??
  12. asked it here first.... no one answered so made a topic about it