T-shirts under 8's. (Okay 4's ffs)

brigham600

War Hero
wet_blobby said:
Not wishing to start a flame war or anything but how does E (5) sit with something like the gay pride march/carnival?

As always, different set of rules for helmet and carpet munchers. :roll:

X.R.D

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
Monty, my cunning plan. Arrange a party of like minded individuals to march around the base at the most oppotune time to catch Ossifers cycling (just before Stand Easy or lunch.) in the vicinity of the Ossifers Mess. If the individuals are correctly separated you should be able to chuck one up in rapid succesion, causing said Rupert to brace up continually, heightening the chances of him falling off.
Alternately stay in your hanger and send the sprog out for your needs.

Do they give lessons for this bollix at the various ossifer factories?
It's perhaps understandable for the RSMs at Sandhurst to teach piglets this sort of thing, after all they're usually Guardsmen of some ilk and have Drill for everything, but Crabs?
Surely the only land based drill they have is....wait for it..."Barrier up..Barrier down." :lol:

Watch it mate or the crab cnuts will be in here defending the style in which they raise/lower said barrier...........by numbers raise 2.......3........lower......2..........3!!!

dunkers

War Hero
I have been personally told by a State Ceremonial Instructor (there are a couple at Collingwood) that a white t-shirt is acceptable under the no 4 shirt (but only white).

cornishgolfer said:
when catching the train at Guzz to Gatwick, saw a Matelot wearing 8's waving bye bye to some folks....since when is jack allowed 8's (or whatever the [email protected] they are now) shoreside/civvy street

I've just seen one shopping in New Look in Fareham ffs! But at least her hair was tidy.

X.R.D

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
cornishgolfer said:
when catching the train at Guzz to Gatwick, saw a Matelot wearing 8's waving bye bye to some folks....since when is jack allowed 8's (or whatever the [email protected] they are now) shoreside/civvy street

I've just seen one shopping in New Look in Fareham ffs! But at least her hair was tidy.

I have crab officers still in their flight ovies coming into the Tesco's opposite my house quite regularly!! :roll: :roll:

thingy said:
In the RNXS we were told we were to follow standard RN practice and NOT to salute any officers in the JUNIOR services (Pongos and Crabs) below the rank of Colonel! So we didn't. :biggrin:

Caused much irritation on their part. :roll:

Clearly they have an INFERIORITY complex! :twisted:

Without decrying the wonderful contribution made by this organisation, the article entitled 'Phoenix Unwanted - Part 1' starting on page 335 of the Naval Review Vol 84 No 4 (Oct 1996) may be of interest:

Naval Review said:
...The RNXS was a uniformed, civilian 'noncombatant' organisation formed in 1962 from the Royal Naval Minewatching Service which had itself been created ten years earlier...

Rumrat

War Hero
X.R.D said:
rosinacarley said:
cornishgolfer said:

I have crab officers still in their flight ovies coming into the Tesco's opposite my house quite regularly!! :roll: :roll:

Every little helps :wink:

cornishgolfer said:

For about 6 years now, all part of the raising the Forces profile business. As long as it's clean and they're not eating Greggs/ in the boozer / getting nicked / touching kids you can wear rig whenever you like and are encouraged to do so.

Why the fcuk you'd want to go shopping in it is beyond me.

When I was a lad.................many moons ago, I wouldnt have dreamt going shoreside in my 8's let alone walking out of the gate without the CPOOW giving me an earfull.......and/or driving to work in 8's