Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T.S. Hermione

Joziff

I remember going down to redruth for a few days . Visiting the Hermione and doing a bit of maintenance on her. I went to tidworth down school. And lived on the barracks. We went out over the sea in a Wessex and sae concorde on its maiden flight. Excellent times!

Joziff

I have read there have been 3 or 4 Hermiones. The one i went on was a leander class frigate. Unfortunately sold for scrap in 1997..

Mackan2017

Badgeman
Old ships! I left her (F58, Capt F5) in Chatham in 1979 when she paid off into Exocet refit. I can't be sure but I think she was the last ship to be refitted in Chatham before pusser pulled out of the Medway.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
I was one of the last to leave her in Chatham. The few of us that remained (around 20 or so, if I remember correctly) moved into Pembroke barracks while the dockies stripped the ship out. By the time we left she was just a shell!! :) I hadn't completed my sea-time so I had to stay in Pembroke whilst awaiting my through-draft to my next ship......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fluffyspanners HMS Hermione History 32
M HMS Hermione Social & Reunions 3
JamesH Hermione gets a gobfull Diamond Lil's 0