Syrian protest

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by white_mafia, Jun 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. POSITIVELY PRICELESS!!
    Read the following explanation before looking at the picture!

Most Syrians struggle to even read Arabic, much less have a clue about English.

So, how do a group of Syrian protest leaders create the most impact with their signs by having the standard "Death To The British" (etc) slogans printed in English?
    Answer:
    They simply hire an English-speaking civilian to translate and write their statements into English.

Unfortunately, in this case, they were unaware that the English "civilian" Insurance Company Employee hired for the job was actually an ex 2nd Para Sergeant!
    Obviously, these pictures of this protest rally never made their way to Arab TV networks, but the results were PRICELESS!

[​IMG]

…Bus Fare to anti British protest Rally £7.55
    …Paint and Canvas for protest signs £38.75
    …Asking a ex Falklands veteran of 2nd Para to translate your anti British signs into Arabic
    PRICELESS

This picture is not doctored

2. You have made yourself appear very silly there w_m.

My comment is not doctored.

3. That is probably because I have made a lifetime's study of being silly, so comments like this are food and drink

Please enlighten me...........

4. I've seen that before only the dit was an ex-USMC sergeant

5. Obviously a fake but posted as a laugh, but always good to get a bite.

6. I mean no offence, but this tacky sort of stuff is all over the internet and to really believe it does you no credit.

Think about it.

Edit - but it's not a bite is it? It's a failed dig at darkies.

Bites have an element of subtelty.

7. I have thought about it........deeply.

It was posted as a laugh, intended as a laugh, I expected no replies, and never stated that I thought the copy was real.

However, thank you for your noble attempt to put me on the straight and narrow.

Edit: I assume if these had been Iraqis or Afghanistanis, it would have been acceptable, but not Syrians?

And a dig at darkies is wrong? - never thought the PC brigade were lurking incognito in Diamond Lil's.

8. Sorry w_m. No pop intended.

Three dots in an ellipsis by the way scribes :wink:

9. Match drawn guzzler. Still friends. Life would be barren without the thrust and parry of banter.

10. I have no idea why you assume that had they been other than Syrians your rather dull cut and paste would have tickled our ribs.

It was unfunny Daily Mail bollocks.

PC brigade? :sleepy2:

11. :eek:ccasion5:

Absolutely.

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I see a slight flaw.

Paras cant spell. They are worse than bootnecks.