Syria protesters call for no-fly zone

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Ninja_Stoker, Oct 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's OK Dave, I've got a plan...

Send that Billy Hague blokey and tell them we'll use "deferred gun-boat diplomacy."

If they can hang on a few years we'll send an aircraft carrier & if that doesn't work, we'll send some planes a few years later. That ought to do it.

Failing that, ask Thomas Cook if they wouldn't mind extending that block booking for the RAF in the 4 star hotels.
  2. **** Syria with their meagre output of oil they are not worth bothering about. If they need help they can call on their Arab brothers who have plenty war planes to enforce a no-fly zone.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The Arab League has already come out and condemned the killings in Syria - are we about to see them put their money where their mouth is? Hopefully the UN/NATO/UK/France will sit on their hands for a bit longer and wait to see whether the Arabs really are prepared to do anything rather than just mouth off about it and then condemn Western intervention when it suits them.
  4. This is definitely one show we should keep well clear of.Dave might be flushed with success after the Libya result but I think he should rest on his laurels and let someone else have a go.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dave was damned lucky it turned out as it did and I haven't heard the fat lady singing yet. The country is now awash with weapons supplied to the ‘rebels’ plus those taken from Gaddafi's arsenals.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011