Synchronised Swimming? Boring?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Lamri, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gigitty gigitty!!!!

2. Instant Gold...I would give em 2.. :thumright:

3. It seems that synchronised swimming has an honourable history starting with this fine figure of a woman in 1907 (link).

[​IMG]

I watched a particularly hilarious SODS Opera in Nelson some years ago. Behind a chest-high screen painted to look like water, the top halves of gracefully gesticulating wrens, each wearing a fixed smile on her face, alternated with the less wholesome sight of rugby-booted legs of matelots pirouetting out of sight on swivel stools. The coordinated choreography was brilliant and the act nearly brought the house down.

4. With what is she(?) synchronised???

5. The swimming is daft, all you seem to see is legs sticking out of the water. But, synchronised diving, this is another matter and is a real precise art.
    Anyway I am still boycotting the Olympics because of Chinas' pants human rights record; so I wouldn't really know errr now would I...!

6. Lol...my bold...freudian slip perhaps.... :dwarf:

7. That didn't take long did it! Go and meet your mate Jock Mc Hammock phishing for a pint why don't you.

8. Who pissed in your cornflakes..knob... :hockey:

9. Why not spend a lovely evening sorting out your James Blunt CD's...bye

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Mod Edit:

Moved, to allow you two to swing your handbags elsewhere!
    :thumright:

11. Fair enough I've had enough of dickheads today in any case...
    Which makes me wonder why I waste my time with the likes of of some of them.

12. I'm not really sure why you chose to go off on me and really bring in the Jock macwhatever into it, but I was only making fun of your slip in your post, if it's an issue then you need to grow up and stop being a [​IMG]

13. Sorry about that!
    Jock Mcwhatever temporarily got my goat and your name was at the top of the list!