Sycophancy and Obsequiousness .Old Brown Noses galore ?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by bumblebee, Aug 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am amazed that so many correspondents seem to Brown Nose their once superior masters.

That this Air Marshal was incredibly kind and this Commodore wonderful, takes one breath away.. Some AB knew them well enough to reach these conclusions?
    That they treated him/her more or less like a human being, has addled their brains.
  2. WTF is this all about ?
  3. This is Sippers, Gulpers to come
  4. Yeah and your point being ? :toilet: :tp:
  5. Sad people?
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

......takes one's breath way.

If you mean plaudits like, 'he was a gentleman', 'he was a good egg', 'he was a safe pair of hands' most ABs who served with him would be in a position to know. If they get carried away and based on the most tenuous acquaintance, write him up for post mortem promotion then, it takes my breath away too.

However, there isn't much the dead can do to get anyone promoted short of creating a vacancy so being nice isn't about promotion, is it you knob?

Not every poster on Rum Ration is an AB.
  7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

OD perhaps, irrespective or rank/rate! :eek:ccasion5:
  8. Some Signalmen? Good! Some intelligent conversation?
  9. Excuuuuuuuse Me F-W but I was named the "Eternal OD" many years ago by a Walt in the Far East by the name of Cosmos aka Compost. I try to zealousy maintain the standards expected of an OD. I request that you do not introduce any other OD's on to the site. Please make it AB(2) if you must.

10. So not every contibitor is/wasn't an AB? So why is/ are their entries so inarticulately banal?
  11. Oh dear!; it gets worse Help!!
  12. Knob? Pray?
  13. No Mr Bumble I am a contributor not a contibitor
    I also was not an AB.
    And you may think my post Inarticulately banal.

I still think you talk a load of bollocks and refer to my previous posts.
    Simply put what the fuck are you on about and stop typing shit
  14. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

People are merely relating their experience, how they perceive other people, they're entitled to their opinion however informed it is. Only the narcissistic personality believes his/ her opinion more valid than anothers, seeks to draw attention to his/ her importance by demeaning others, seeks to stand above others by walking over them if necessary and has delusions of grandeur........ need I go on, we've been here before! Have you ever wondered why a daffodil fits nicely in the species narcissi.
  15. In my humble time in the RN, mostly in boats, I served with several officers who rose to the rank of FOSM, and one who ended up as CDS: since then, I have met them all, and have greeted them and by them as former shipmates, and glad to see each other again. There was no kissing of ass, none of the crap that BumbleBee refers to - maybe it's a submarine thing that he's missed out on, or maybe it's a thing that I was lucky with: but if the shit hit the fan, I can name at least half a dozen skippers who I'd go back to sea with TOMORROW, even 27 years after I went outside - What is your problem, numbnuts ???
  16. Well said that man,couldnt agree more.

The ones I've met since leaving have always treated me as an equal and with the utmost respect you could expect.Even when in the mob they were decent and fair as well.
  17. Roger that, and if Bumbling B comes over here, I'll roger him too. Maybe that'll shut him up