swimming shorts??

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by smithy12, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i know this probably has been asked a hundred times but i cant find the answer on here when i looked..

are normal swimming shorts with inner fine for raleigh?

im assuming they should be ok as i completed the bst at rnac with them but i have a friend who is joining with me and he is adamant they only accept the speedo or very short shorts.

am i ok with just the normal swim shorts?
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Iz nize!" :thumright:

3. Smithy - if that's all you're worried about then I suspect you'll do just fine.

Good luck.

4. FFS, are you serious? Get a fukcing life.

Are you male or female?

Does a Bikini suit you?.

Ask the recruiting office.

Are you people so fukcing bone?
  5. Oh, I am SO tuned in to you right now :)
  6. Pls see your PMs.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

8. As i have said many times before Smudger :thumright: Soaking wet ovies, and a black brick is rig of the day for nozzers!!!!! :thumright: in the pool
  9. A lesson you will learn very quickly; do what, using your common sense, is the best bet! Using common sense, you cannot go wrong, worst case scenario, one of the staff at Raleigh will have a sense of humour failure at your shorts, big deal! Once they have had their five minutes of yelling at you, all is forgotten!

Don't stress out over; shorts, holdalls or suitcases, or is my haircut too long kind of thing, because in the grand scheme of things, a minor **** up on day one is expected, you go to Raleigh to be trained, the finished article is a long way off!
  10. Just think, however, whether half way through an hour long beasting in the pool, if you really want to be wearing the swimming equivalent of a parachute...

11. I have been watching and have read many "Newbies contributions†to this forum" without comment over the last few months ........ in my ‘umble opinion many of the questions should and could have answered by the recruiting staff. OK, "one" doesn't always think of the relevant question at the time, but surely they (the recruiting staff) give out contact telephone numbers for you guys (Newbies that is).

The last straw for me, was the “thread about swimming shorts – “should they have a net or not†- for crying out loud have any potential recruits these days have any common sense. I believe “Pot Off†summed it up quite succinctly well done.

Re: “quote†- the finished article is a long way off yet ……….
  12. Hi Richie

In fairness to AFCO personnel they do give out numbers to contact them on, they also give out leaflets with all the required information for going to Raleigh and any other establishment. Like you I have been reading some of the newbie posts and I now think that most of them are too lazy to either read the information given to them or phone the AFCO people.
  13. Do yourself a favour and spend some time looking back through the newbie threads.

You will start off laughing at some of the inane questions that have been asked in the past, but will very quickly become bored and then a bit miffed at the effing repeats and reposts of ster-yoopid questions.
  14. Took your advice Lamri, I have not laughed so much in years.
  15. :D
  16. It was so much easier when I was at school in the, er, 1970s. All boys school: swimming kit = birthday suit. Egalitarian, no showing off, no washing afterwards (apart from the shower) and at 11 I wasn't (too) embarrassed.... that came later :oops: When we were older it was trunks. I have to admit I prefer bathing nude, but it's not a nice sight for others! :biggrin:
  17. Is Credders back?
  18. Hun, you know I am very fond of you but really. Naked Swimming. At 0702? Please. You owe me a new keyboard because I spat my porrige over it.
  19. Likewise - though I got bored very quicky