Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Heart-of-Oak, Sep 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I ferkin hate it when MoD civis call me "Darling" or "Sweetheart" on the phone.

It would be harassment the other-way around; but I'll sound like a dick if I make an issue of it.
  2. I know what you mean, and that's just the blokes! :oops:

Seriously (!) though, you could always reply something along the lines of "I find that term patronising, degrading and harrassing" and that you want an apology. Just to make them squirm!

Edit: Or you could just play along with it, calling them "Babes", "Gorgeous", "Hot Legs", "Tit Carrier", "Juicy Arse" etc, and if they complain, just say that they started it and you were playing along with it.

Disclaimer - I have never tried this, and refuse to take any responsibility for harrassment charges or courts martial that may take place as a result!!

Also edited for sh1t typos!
  3. The one that always gets me is being called mate.
    I didnt realise I had so many.
    Everytime I go into a shop or restaurant I am greeted with 'Yes mate'
    What ever happened to yes Sir or madam?
    My oppo has a cure for this by asking the person has he ever been to his house,sent him a birthday or christmas card or been round for dinner etc.
    When they reply no,he then says 'you cant be my mate then can you'
    He then leaves having ditched his purchases at the counter or by not ordering anything.

I think we should be shown a little more respect as we are the paying customer after all and curtesy costs nothing but brings heaps of rewards.

Friday rant over.
  4. Yes... don't get me started on "Mate". I too about turn in shops where I'm addressed in that fashion.

I also take umbrage to being addressed by my first name by a company trying to solicit my business. :threaten:

... oh I love a good mank...

Once you know me; you can call me fuck-face or whatever and I'm not fussed. :w00t:
  5. how do you think the Chancellor of the Exchequer must feel? :w00t:
  6. Cue script for Blackadder MK4!