Sven Hassel museum

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by R12_CV, Feb 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Took Mrs R12 for a day out yesterday to a Militaria Fair. (I know...'kin charmer!! 8) )
    What struck me was the amount of Nazi paraphernalia and stalls that had set up, compared to the amount of brit stuff up for exchange.
    Now you'd think that these Nazi traders would be little more than enthusiasts with a slightly odd fancy.
    But, overhearing some of the comments the stall holders made I suspect some of them were, shall we say, 'political'.
    So, is there about to be a second coming of the Master Race? Are these type of fairs used to kit-up a new Stormtrooping army? (and there was sh!t loads of SS kit there)
    What was even spookier, was the number of Sikhs milling about?!? And good on them to face up to them!!

BTW, all I bought was a Sweetheart Brooch (silver RN Crown) for my good lady and a book.

2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I always thought the hun had the better looking uniform.

3. witsend

4. We watched a documentary on one of these fairs, the reporters went undercover to find out about the traders etc... and they found out quite a few have some extreme views to say the least.

5. witsend

I think I watched that, it was on quite a while back.

6. Yes, it was.

7. Ref pics....

Sheeeeeet....WTF didn't the Fräulein's at the fair look like that?????????

Have to say though that my fav Action Man rig was the Gestapo... 8O closely followed by the rather gay Canadian Mountie

8. Mien cap and mien two helmets.
    Mien gott. 8O :wink: :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited to say, Sorry no bunker in yard and I am a member of the conservative party although I did have German measles. :wink:

9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

IIRC, the SS Officers uniform was designed by Hugo Boss.

10. On a fashion related tangent, isn't the Italian Caribinieri's uniform deigned by Georgio Armani?
    [​IMG]

And we get Chav wear brands like Kangol and Ben Sherman doing our kit. :roll:

11. No he did not design it, his factory just used slaves to produce it, the murdering cunt. He just did what a lot of arseholes in this country do to a lesser degree, and that's jump on any passing bandwagon, or gravy train. 8O :twisted:

The all-black dress uniform of the Nazi Schutzstaffel or SS (the NSDAP paramilitary and military force), in use from 1932 until 1942, was designed by SS-Oberführer Prof. Dr. Karl Diebitsch and graphic designer Walter Heck.[2] From 1933, the Hugo Boss company was one of the firms that produced these black uniforms along with the brown SA shirts and the black-and-brown uniforms of the Hitler Youth.[3][4]

12. The Carabinieri are the men (and a few women, allowed in the corps since December, 2000) in dark blue, with the red stripe down the side of the trousers. Pretty sharp uniforms, wouldn’t you say? That’s because they’re designed by Valentino.

13. Pity they're being worn by a right pair of limp wristed hermers

14. Gotta say I think they look pretty cool, especially when doing top cover:
    [​IMG]

Also their cap badge looks strangely familiar as modelled by this devilishly hansome chap:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Blackrat

The top cover bloke knows his onions.

As for the HAC minger, his head doesn't look pointy at all.

16. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

17. More Italian Police but of the type I prefer. Is the one on the right giving the finger?
    [​IMG]

18. It looks to me like that finger has been somewhere unpleasant and she is sticking it out to dry in order to avoid getting any unwanted residue on her clean fingers and her nice uniform.

19. Blackrat

Judging by the reaction of the rozzer on the left, i would say the one on the right has just skiffed her.

20. One of my old POs used to go into pubs with a pooey finger and tell people he had a load of new perfume which he was selling. He would then go around the pub skiffing people under the pretences that they were testing this new perfume which he was going to sell them at cheap price.

Skiffing: Sport of Kings and King of Sports.