Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by NAVY5, May 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What rank with a SUY with a degree get commissioned as? Midshipman, Sub- lieutenant, Lieutenant? (Maybe wish full thinking the last option!! :) )

2. Maybe wishful thinking if you think phrasing wishful as wish full isn't a bit wishful.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Last question on anything related to promotion I promise!!
    Just been in to my AFCO and the advisor wasn't to sure on the answer.. Does an SUY ET ME, require a technical degree to attend the course as per direct entry? Also ,I have seen UY being sent to southampton uni for 3 years, but would this be available for SUY's as obviously they are older and as such less time to serve?

Thankyou for your help. Seems abit difficult to get a clear answer on this as Ive heard both yes and no.

No more promotion questions!! At least for another 6 years anyway..

4. Where are you getting your infomation from? The technical route is as follows.......
    UY will attend Uni for 1 year, to top up their Foundation Degree gained from POETQC to a full BEng.
    SUY Require 4 GCSE's at A-C and go straight to BRNC Dartmouth.

Anyone feel free to correct me?
  5. Soleil, brilliant information!!! Thankyou very much for taking the time to post that, exactly what I wanted to look at!

6. As someone on SUY course at the minute, can I recommend the Direct Entry route. Besides the obvious advice that if you want to be an Officer then join as one, getting selected from the lower deck is far from guaranteed. Even if you have passed AIB.

Also, the course is no longer the cheers easy ride it once was.