Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUY Eligibility

Good evening everyone,

I'm new to the forum and hopefully I can get involved with some of the other discussions on here in due course, but for now I'm sorry to say it's take, take, take.

I was just wondering if any of you good people could answer a question for me. I'm considering raising my papers in the coming months and I'm doing some research as to the process, a few threads on here have been a great help so thanks for that.

My question is, BR3 states the following with regards to being eligible to attend an AIB:

[The candidate must]"Not have exercised, or be in the process of exercising, their notice option to leave the Service."

A few years ago I went through a rough time and submitted my termination notice. A couple of months down the line I successfully retracted my notice and recommitted to the RN. Does this mean that I will not be able to raise my papers and attend an AIB? That is how it reads to me, but I wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with this and could confirm/deny my fears.

Many thanks in advance.

TT#67

It means if you've currently got your notice in, you can't get your papers raised.

As a top tip, if in doubt about anything to do with being an SUY, speak to your Recording Authority. They are the only ones who'll give you 100% appropriate information. Details in BR3.

Thank you for the information @alfred_the_great, really appreciated. Luckily I'm working quite close my RA so I'll get in touch and ask the question.

Fingers crossed the door is not closed.

Many thanks again.

TT#67

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gregleeds UY/SUY Beards Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B Senior Upper Yardsmen (SUY) Course 2016 UPO/Careers Office 16
dsgrnmcm New SUY Rank and seniority Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
B Changes to promotion as SUY UPO/Careers Office 0
dsgrnmcm SAFEGUARD are their any SUY(XSM) or XSM? Available for info at the short trail? Submariners 20
N SUY Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
G BRNC SUY Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Wilf SUY / AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
O MESM SUY Career Path Submariners 14
P SUY Pay Finance & Pensions 2
P Info on BRNC as an SUY? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D UY and SUY The Fleet Air Arm 26
E SUY SD AV career and training The Fleet Air Arm 2
J AIB as an SUY Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
F NON CHANGE OF UY/SUY SERVICE NUMBERS ON ENTRY TO BRNC The Fleet 40
MoD_RSS Allocation of Housing and Homelessness (Eligibility) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2020: letter to local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eligibility for government childcare offers protected MoD News 0
S RT Eligibility: FAA Pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Civil news: eligibility changes for separated migrant children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil/crime news: amendments to legal aid eligibility legislation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ePassport gates eligibility expansion confirmed for June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: updated eligibility guidance reflects 2018 contracts MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Welbeck DSFC - Change in eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
C [ UGAS MESM] Eligibility Call tomorrow, what can I expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Unsure of my eligibility Joining the Royal Navy 11
Keegz_222 Can you appeal the eligibility requirements? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Medical Eligibility Question - Nasal Polyps Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Questions about eligibility! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
J Warfare Officer - advice needed about my eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Commonwealth eligibility to join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B Hi guys, just a quick question regarding my eligibility to become an Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
T RNR Eligibility - Age Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
Z Question about my eligibility to join Submariners (dual nationality concern) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
L GYH(T) eligibility UPO 12
all_purple_now Diamond Jubilee Medal eligibility Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
Ninja_Stoker Her Majesty's Royal Naval Service Eligibility & Guidance Notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S In-Service Degree Eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Ignual Hernia effect my eligibility to join the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
JonnyAlpha Preserved Pension Eligibility Finance & Pensions 7
L URNU Eligibility SCC and URNU 2
G direct entry officer eligibility Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7