SUY Eligibility

Good evening everyone,

I'm new to the forum and hopefully I can get involved with some of the other discussions on here in due course, but for now I'm sorry to say it's take, take, take.

I was just wondering if any of you good people could answer a question for me. I'm considering raising my papers in the coming months and I'm doing some research as to the process, a few threads on here have been a great help so thanks for that.

My question is, BR3 states the following with regards to being eligible to attend an AIB:

[The candidate must]"Not have exercised, or be in the process of exercising, their notice option to leave the Service."

A few years ago I went through a rough time and submitted my termination notice. A couple of months down the line I successfully retracted my notice and recommitted to the RN. Does this mean that I will not be able to raise my papers and attend an AIB? That is how it reads to me, but I wondered if anyone out there has had any experience with this and could confirm/deny my fears.

Many thanks in advance.

TT#67

It means if you've currently got your notice in, you can't get your papers raised.

As a top tip, if in doubt about anything to do with being an SUY, speak to your Recording Authority. They are the only ones who'll give you 100% appropriate information. Details in BR3.

Thank you for the information @alfred_the_great, really appreciated. Luckily I'm working quite close my RA so I'll get in touch and ask the question.

Fingers crossed the door is not closed.

Many thanks again.

TT#67

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gregleeds UY/SUY Beards Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
B Senior Upper Yardsmen (SUY) Course 2016 UPO/Careers Office 16
dsgrnmcm New SUY Rank and seniority Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
B Changes to promotion as SUY UPO/Careers Office 0
dsgrnmcm SAFEGUARD are their any SUY(XSM) or XSM? Available for info at the short trail? Submariners 20
N SUY Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
G BRNC SUY Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Wilf SUY / AIB Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
O MESM SUY Career Path Submariners 14
P SUY Pay Finance & Pensions 2
P Info on BRNC as an SUY? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D UY and SUY The Fleet Air Arm 26
E SUY SD AV career and training The Fleet Air Arm 2
J AIB as an SUY Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
F NON CHANGE OF UY/SUY SERVICE NUMBERS ON ENTRY TO BRNC The Fleet 40
MoD_RSS Allocation of Housing and Homelessness (Eligibility) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2020: letter to local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eligibility for government childcare offers protected MoD News 0
S RT Eligibility: FAA Pilot Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Civil news: eligibility changes for separated migrant children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil/crime news: amendments to legal aid eligibility legislation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: ePassport gates eligibility expansion confirmed for June MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: updated eligibility guidance reflects 2018 contracts MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Welbeck DSFC - Change in eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
C [ UGAS MESM] Eligibility Call tomorrow, what can I expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Unsure of my eligibility Joining the Royal Navy 11
Keegz_222 Can you appeal the eligibility requirements? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Medical Eligibility Question - Nasal Polyps Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Questions about eligibility! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
J Warfare Officer - advice needed about my eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Commonwealth eligibility to join Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
B Hi guys, just a quick question regarding my eligibility to become an Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 26
T RNR Eligibility - Age Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
Z Question about my eligibility to join Submariners (dual nationality concern) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
L GYH(T) eligibility UPO 12
all_purple_now Diamond Jubilee Medal eligibility Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 12
Ninja_Stoker Her Majesty's Royal Naval Service Eligibility & Guidance Notes Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S In-Service Degree Eligibility Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Ignual Hernia effect my eligibility to join the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
JonnyAlpha Preserved Pension Eligibility Finance & Pensions 7
L URNU Eligibility SCC and URNU 2
G direct entry officer eligibility Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7