Suspenders and stockings

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Oct 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Friday night duty in town.

I have never seen so many suspenders and stockings been worn in one place before tonight.

Sadly most of the people wearing them were blokes.

Seems its Rocky Horror showtime again and all the people who like dressing up but never dare are at it.

Can't understand them myself but it takes all sorts I suppose.

Some of the girls were ok and one or two of the blokes would turn a few heads after 10 or 12 pints.
    But mostly were munters who would have looked better in a Burka.

Any RRs out there care to admit been bitten by the Rocky Horror bug?
  2. Negative - but I've always had the "stockings and suspenders" bug for a shapely female leg!
  3. We are off to RHPS in Southampton in January. I would expect to be in the gear, together with all the bits and bobs one should take - rice, water pistol, mobile phone (in lieu of a lighter), newspaper etc
  4. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Every self respecting Booty has a full set of female fighting order and is willing to don it in the most inappropriate places........ 8)
  5. Err ..... cough ..... weeelllllll ........ ummmmm ..........maybe ........ oh bollox, go one then. Yup.

Seen the show 7 times and have dressed "appropriately" for 6 of them.

On one ocasion Ade Edmonson was Brad who politely informed the audience that it apears that he wasn't the only a55hole in the theatre that night .... :oops:
  6. Yes, absolutely. Including the wash-in, wash-out hair dye.

It only backfired once, when it didn't come out and I was confined to my desk with dark blue hair for a week. Boss had a sense of humour, thankfully.

And I look bloody good in stockings, I have to say!
  7. A picture speaks a thousand words.....Piccys please! As good as or better than Gloria Hunniford? :wink:
  8. yes piccies would be good..its a wee bit difficult trying to envisage what Taloolah and XRD would look like in that rig of the day 8O :D 8)
  9. Absoferkinglutely I have. Based in Pompey and went to watch RHS. Went to one of the girlies room to borrow apporpriate rig and trying on various basques etc truned into a right shagfest. (with the girlies I add not the guys trying on the kit). had a cracking night out and still the got the basque as a souvinere (and that was 15 years ago).
  10. I went as Frank N' Furter when I was in sixth form to our leaving party. I was divs!

I broke both my heals trying to Mosh to Nirvana :lol:
  11. Oh my dear Trelawney if only! 'Twere ten years ago and I was a mere bud of a rose back then. Mind you, I can still carry off the look (and the killer heels) to this day when needs must, i.e. the next Rocky Horror outing.

Then again, some nights in Pompey bring back those fishnet stockinged memories, even though the "girls" consider their attire as normal these days. My goodness, what has happened?
  12. So better than Gloria, you may have aged by ten years but you'll still be a fantastic looker. :wink:
  13. My OH seems to think so :D
  14. Glad to hear it, and who says all romance on RR is gone. :wink:
  15. So it looks like Rod is the odd one out! :lol:

I have seen the show on telly but never live. If I do go I will have to wear a burqua! :biggrin:
  16. Ah! the beauty of living on the roof away from the madding crowd, :D
  17. What,and spoil it for everybody.

Tonight back on duty uptown and there were millions of them wearing all the kit as it was the last night of the show.

Fortunately most were very nubile young ladies and a few munters who should know better.

I was approached by a young lad in full 69 webbing asking me if I remembered him!
    Thankfully it turned out he was a volunteer responder who I had met before but not I hasten to add wearing sussys.
    This subject has created much debate at work with most opinions being that you must be a bit of an exhibitionist or have a secret desire to wear womens clothes.

Not even the staff at the show couldnt work it out.
  18. Allways dress in the battle webbing for the show, will be fully booted and spurred again at the end of november for the RHPs in Glasgow :lol:
  19. I'll accompany you to the show Rod, but only if I can go as your "wife"! :biggrin: