Suspect burglar hurt in attack

Whilst the details seem a bit sketchy, if he was in fact the burglar he deserved every bit of it. Just have to hope it was not a case of mistaken identity. Therefore if I was the judge, if the injured bloke was found guilty i would drop charges again the assailants, and if not do 'em.

slim

War Hero
It may not be PC but my view is that if more of the scroats were given a good seeing to they would turn away from crime far more quickly than a few visits to the magistrates court.

I am afraid that 4 blokes doinng over an aleged burglar several streets away is not legal, and if allowed would give the chavs even more excuses to use for some of their more violent activities.

slim

War Hero
Maxi_77 said:
I am afraid that 4 blokes doinng over an aleged burglar several streets away is not legal, and if allowed would give the chavs even more excuses to use for some of their more violent activities.

It may not be legal....................but I bet its effective :smile:

Depends quite who the burglar is, round where I used live youre heros would be picked off one by one by chummies mates, and the house would get a proper doing over.

Six_and_a_Half

Lantern Swinger
Burglary is a crime and should be punished by law.
Assault is a crime and should be punished by law.

The authorities can not allow vigilantes to take the enforcement of the law into their own hands, that is the responsibility of the police force. If we permit such vigilante attacks to continue, then we render the police and the justice system redundant and possibly even the Government may become useless as the country decends into anarchy, which is why these four chaps will be made an example of. The correct procedure that they should have undertaken would be to inform the police of their suspicions and allow the police to conduct an official investigation.

However, because they initiated the attack it can be construed as assault, and it will be very easy for the burglar to assume the position of the victim, therefore, he will walk away Scot free.

slim

War Hero
Peter said:
Burglary is a crime and should be punished by law.
Assault is a crime and should be punished by law.

The authorities can not allow vigilantes to take the enforcement of the law into their own hands, that is the responsibility of the police force. If we permit such vigilante attacks to continue, then we render the police and the justice system redundant and possibly even the Government may become useless as the country decends into anarchy, which is why these four chaps will be made an example of. The correct procedure that they should have undertaken would be to inform the police of their suspicions and allow the police to conduct an official investigation.

However, because they initiated the attack it can be construed as assault, and it will be very easy for the burglar to assume the position of the victim, therefore, he will walk away Scot free.

Then the purpotrator would say " It wasn't me and all my mates will tell you I was with them". If he does get to court what would be the punishment.?
It is little wonder that in the current PC climate vigilantes are starting to appear

Six_and_a_Half

Lantern Swinger
Then I argue that the appearence of vigilantes is the next step in the downwards spiral of political correctness that will ultimately lead to the complete inability of the current parliament to govern effectively. There is only one solution:

Radical Reform!

slim said:
It is little wonder that in the current PC climate vigilantes are starting to appear

In some parts of most towns it has always been there, in the estates where most had no insurance and thus no need to report theft, these problems were always sorted out locally. The growth of contents insurance made theft from your neighbors acceptable, they would then clain better gear back from the insurance people so you were realy helping them.

If our nice local burglar in this case had 'fallen' down the stairs trying to get away evryone would have been happy, but the four prats went and did the guy over in the street and got caught, silly. Their best bet now is to plead guilty with provocation and previous good character (if they can) as mitigation and perhaps they will get off lightly

Latest Threads