Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Survey- Favourite Book genre

Favourite book genre

• Total voters
Having served in the 60/70s, and not having access to today's modern technology (standfast iPods !! ;) )

At sea I read everything I could lay my hands on (fiction/non-fiction/any other - even the BR96 at times !! ).

However, I am currently reading fiction novels:

Alexander Kent/Bernard Cornwell Bolitho & Sharpe novels

James Paterson Alex Cross novels

Kathy Reichs forensic expert Temperance Brennan ( currently being shown on Sky as 'Bones' )

:)

Slowly working my way through the 'Reacher' collection. Also the odd 'Dirt Pitt' now and then, but I'm finding them very repetitive.

Crime Thillers at the moment hence the vote but Clive Cussler, Wilber Smith and Dan Brown are normally in the running. Been a few fantasy / thrillers recently about the Knights Templar which have been good (bit Indiana Jones and the ..... type of thing)

Tend to read 2 - 3 books a week given the chance but really I'm game for anything that has a bit of adventure, a decent story line ... oh and lots of gratuitious sex!

I tend to like the historical thriller aka Dan Brown et al much the same as you MG. Loads of fiction woven with historical fact to give the story a bit of plausibility. I tend to be near a computer though so if something is mentioned (whatever era) I can google it, sad git that I am.

I tend to like the historical thriller aka Dan Brown et al much the same as you MG. Loads of fiction woven with historical fact to give the story a bit of plausibility. I tend to be near a computer though so if something is mentioned (whatever era) I can google it, sad git that I am.

You're not the only one. We spent the (late) summer hols at a place near Carcassonne which is where a lot of the Cathar / Templar bits kicked off in Europe. had read "The Last Templar" before we went and it was on about a lot of the places we actually visited and it was as if I'd been there before ... the description of Renne le Chateau was as it was walking up the street even down to the bit where the sin bosun got his dosh from!

Happy reading!

Stuck down crime thrillers but my fav is Clancy so Political thriller would be more accurate.

Will read most, Like Pratchett for his ability to take you off planet Earth, then Wilbur Smith, back to Pratchett. Some autobiographies, not all. Best was Murray Walkers, idiot or not he had an enjoyable life by the sounds of it.

Factual for me HMS Leviathan, Iron Coffins, No Ordinary War , Sailor in the Air . With just an aside!!!! Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand, what a pen. Best factual racing story... ever

Latest Threads