Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprise Phone call

Alex968

Midshipman
Just received a call from my AFCO to ask me to book my medical.

This surprised me as after i had sat my RT i was told that we would not be undertaking the later tests (Medical and PJFT) until closer to the time that we would be joining. So seen as i have been reading all these threads about freezing recruitment and longer waiting times, i can only assume they have stopped waiting to do the medical and PJFT and are doing it earlier as i sat my RT about 4 months ago. Perhaps it's a case of them trying to thin the ranks by making people take the tests now and booting out the ones who fail?

blondiie

Banned
Edited due to not being able to have an opinion or logical explanation on this navy unofficial site that spouts shit everyday anyway.

Alex968

Midshipman
blondiie said:
Hi Alex,

I sat my RT in August and have just booked my medical today for next tuesday. It's been pretty quick to be honest. They said the same to me when I found out I'd passed my RT. He basically said to me this morning that all aplicants at this stage going in for medicals ect, are in a "pending" stage and will be until the date for a PJFT comes up, he said probrably about 6 months time for that so to just keep my fitness ticking over. I don't think it's a case of who doesn/t make the cut wont get In, I just think they are trying to get as much as possible done In preperation for the closure of raleigh and all the back log they would have to deal with afterwards maybe?

Good luck with medical, not that It's a matter of luck !

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up, i should have asked while on the phone but i was just so surprised and a million things were racing through my mind at the time.

blondiie

Banned
Edited due to not being able to have an opinion or logical explanation on this navy unofficial site that spouts shit everyday anyway.

JonnoJonno

Banned
It means that you're not a strong candidate and are unlikely to be called forward early to fill-in any gaps in recruiting.

Whilst Blondiie is making shit up I might as well have a bash at it too.

blondiie

Banned

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
blondiie said:
Straight from AFCO

Clearly making shit up.
It's been known to happen.
I was told I 'could' train as a Helicopter pilot.
My AFCO man forgot to do the quotation mark finger wag thing, a very dirty trick if you ask me. :wink:

JonnoJonno

Banned
blondiie said:
Straight from AFCO

Clearly making shit up.

Really?
skip_licking_retard said:
I don't think it's a case of who doesn/t make the cut wont get In, I just think they are trying to get as much as possible done In preperation for the closure of raleigh and all the back log they would have to deal with afterwards maybe?

That stinks of "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about to me".

blondiie

Banned
"I don't think" being at the begining of that sentance says it all really doesn't it mate.

Stop being such a cockend!

JonnoJonno

Banned
blondiie said:
"I don't think" being at the begining of that sentance says it all really doesn't it mate.

Dullard said:
I just think they are trying to get as much as possible done In preperation for the closure of raleigh and all the back log they would have to deal with afterwards maybe?

Your conjecture is not exactly 'horse's mouth' is it you weird cock-chasing retard? Leave the advise on what is happening in the background to the two people on here who know what they're talking about; Ninja and Supermario.

blondiie

Banned
JonnoJonno said:
blondiie said:

Dullard said:
I just think they are trying to get as much as possible done In preperation for the closure of raleigh and all the back log they would have to deal with afterwards maybe?

Your conjecture is not exactly 'horse's mouth' is it you weird cock-chasing retard? Leave the advise on what is happening in the background to the two people on here who know what they're talking about; Ninja and Supermario.

I didn't say horses mouth did I. What I typed was put in my own words as not to write, he said she said he said she said as that was what my AFCO said to me this morning. I'm glad you think your clever just calling people all the time on this site, like you have nothing better to do. Well best shut your gob then and leave it to them and **** off laying into youngins on this site you absolute cock.

JonnoJonno

Banned
blondiie said:
II'm glad you think your clever just calling people all the time on this site, like you have nothing better to do. Well best shut your gob then and leave it to them and * off laying into youngins on this site you absolute cock.

I'm not laying in to the 'youngins'. I'm laying in to mindless freaks like you, who not so long ago thought it was a good idea to post your personal details and elements of your medical history all over this site for all to see. Undermining you on here is probably an act of enormous help to the poor 'youngins' who might actually listen to your inane dribblings.

blondiie

Banned
The Navy Net, 'Rum Ration', is THE UK's most popular Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Fleet Auxiliary community. A vast collection of information, humour and bullshit with forums, wiki, image library, chat, jokes and more...

JonnoJonno

Banned
blondiie said:
The Navy Net, 'Rum Ration', is THE UK's most popular Royal Navy, Royal Marines and Royal Fleet Auxiliary community. A vast collection of information, humour and bullshit with forums, wiki, image library, chat, jokes and more...

A delicious exercise in cut&paste with a delectable demonstration of Bold highlighting thrown-in for good measure.

You must have got a new rubber for your headwand.

blondiie

Banned
Excellent display I think,

Definatly Ironic.

Jonno just ******* gets on my nerves! and really pushes my buttons.

danny

War Hero
blondiie said:

Definatly Ironic.

Jonno just * gets on my nerves! and really pushes my buttons.

What did i miss looks like some newbie has got her knickers in a right twist.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
blondiie said:

Definatly Ironic.

Jonno just * gets on my nerves! and really pushes my buttons.
Hmm. The same could probably be said of you for him my dear.

And you really must work on extending your Flash to Bang timing.
Else you'll be spending a lot of time in Flag Lockers bawling your eyes out/dripping to your DO. :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D HMS Surprise History 3
soleil Guardian: "Man Accidentally Ejects Himself From Fighter Jet During Surprise Flight" The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil FB: RN - Liverpool: 18-year-old Sailor Rhys Gets A Birthday Surprise From His Family On Board HMS Prince Of Wales The Fleet 0
soleil Bucks Examiner: "Navy Helicopter Makes Surprise Landing" The Fleet Air Arm 1
Bad CO Remembrance Surprise Surprise Social & Reunions 0
soleil Pompey News: "Marines Band Surprise For Veteran’s Birthday" The Corps 0
soleil BBC: "UK Forces To Get Christmas Charity Box Surprise" Charity 0
scouse MOD surprise surprise!!!! Current Affairs 1
soleil "Booty boyfriend thrills with surprise proposal ....." The Corps 0
O New Bavarian Surprise Video Sports and Adventure Training 2
SILVER_FOX Browne makes surprise Iraq visit Current Affairs 13
E Bavaria Surprise Sports and Adventure Training 0
scabster Theres a surprise Current Affairs 73
F Ex. Bavarian Surprise '07 Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS Next steps announced to boost road safety and close mobile phone loophole MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of PM phone call with European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and European Council President Charles Michel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Our phone numbers are changing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of Secretary of State for Defence Ben Wallace’s phone call with US Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Don’t miss out, claim Child Benefit by phone or post, HMRC tells new parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Can you give me 50 Cent’s phone number? 2019’s most unusual requests from Brits abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government acts to improve road safety by closing mobile phone loophole MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid helps world’s poorest access better mobile phone technologies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Controls prevent phone fraudsters spoofing HMRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: GLD are currently experiencing issues with the phone lines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Phone detection kit introduced in prisons MoD News 0
K Triage phone call while overseas Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Glasgow mobile phone boss banned after submitting false documents MoD News 0
F Triage medical phone call fail Joining the Royal Navy 4
Max9393 Nurse phone call Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Max9393 Nurse triage phone call Joining the Royal Navy 9
Matthew Medical triage phone call Health & Fitness 10
MoD_RSS Press release: PM phone call with President Trump and President Macron: 10 April 2018 MoD News 0
A Payment of rent/Phone bill etc while training Joining the Royal Navy 11
R Appeals - after medical phone call Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
K Medical Phone Call Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
G How did you phone home from Raleigh? History 12
MoD_RSS Press release: PM's phone call with PM Abadi of Iraq: 1 September 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM's phone calls with PM Sipilä of Finland and PM Solberg of Norway: 31... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM phone calls with international leaders: 26 July 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM phone call with President Erdogan of Turkey: 18 July 2016 MoD News 0
taffscrivs Pervy phone call. Blue Jokes 0
sgtpepperband Look up from your phone, shut down that display The Internet - Best and Worst 3
FreedomTea From picking up the phone to Britannia - A guide to Officer Selection Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
scouse Phone hacking, your views Diamond Lil's 5
scouse MOD and 118 and speaking clock phone bill Diamond Lil's 0
soleil ITV London: "Red Phone Box Installed On Warship" The Fleet 1
Chris1337 Interview update over the phone..? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
soleil BBC: "Phone Navigation Warning After Lost Hillwalkers Rescued From Trossachs" The Fleet Air Arm 1
S I phone Spam Bloody Computers 1
soleil Radio 4 - 1200 Today - The Defence Budget - Call You And Yours Phone-In Current Affairs 0