Surfing in the RN/RM

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by Runsilentrundeep, May 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fantastic!!!!

As a Saffa (from just outside Durban originally), I'm joining the navy shortly (just got security clearance after year-long wait, etc). Biggest downside to me was thinking I'd have to give up surfing.

But apparently not!

2. give the guys in the club a shout were always lookin for some new blood, think there might even be a couple of saffa's in the club but not 100% sure about that as i've not made it that far south for a while

3. Will definitely give the club a look up. I might eventually end up near to where you are there in Faslane, as I'm joining as a diver. Where do you surf when you get the chance? Up north by Thurso, Brimm's Ness, etc? Heard it's awesome up there.

4. Nearest spot to Faslane for a surf is down by Machrihanish/Westport which are about five miles outside Campbeltown..which is where i live, its around a two hour drive down from fassers, or you can head through to the east coast where you have St Andrews, Pease bay and Coldingam all a pair of hours away. If your headin north or onto the islands it'll take a bit longer. If your headin up Faslane any time in the next year or so give us a shout as I'll prob still be on Vengeance(port)

5. Cheers mate, will do. Looking forward to it!