Supporting application

Hi,
I'm at my second year at the University of Nottingham studying medicine, Ive come to the decision I'd like to apply for the medical officer cadetship next academic year and was wondering what I could do to strengthen my application?
I've noticed there is an OTC nearby recruiting from the uni but no URNU, would it be worth joining the OTC despite this not being part of the navy?
And is there anything else I could do that would make me stand out as a candidate as I get the impression it is quite hard to get onto the cadetship?

Thanks

I've already done duke of edinburgh so should have that which will help! But is there anything else?
And would it be helpful to try and join the OTC?

Hi,
I'm at my second year at the University of Nottingham studying medicine, Ive come to the decision I'd like to apply for the medical officer cadetship next academic year and was wondering what I could do to strengthen my application?
I've noticed there is an OTC nearby recruiting from the uni but no URNU, would it be worth joining the OTC despite this not being part of the navy?
And is there anything else I could do that would make me stand out as a candidate as I get the impression it is quite hard to get onto the cadetship?

Thanks
Gaz
There's an Open Evening at HMS Sherwood (Chilwell area) on July 3rd 2018 in the evening.

I'm not sure whether you would actually be allowed to join the Reserves as a Medical Student, but I wonder whether they would allow you attend the evening as a guest.

They have Medical Officers in the RNR and I'm wondering whether someone at HMS Sherwood might be able to introduce you to one.

You could always e-mail the Unit and ask whether you could go to the Open Evening as a guest. I see no reason why you shouldn't go along. Ask them whether you can go.

Tel: 0115 929 6373

E-mail: [email protected]

Last edited: