Support Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by sgtpepperband, Sep 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Which one's you?

3. I'm sure I used to serve with the one with the mono-brow....... :thumright:

4. Of course weddings should be gay. You don't want to attend a miserable one, do you?

5. Nah, there's plenty of time for misery in the years to follow....... :bball:

6. nothing wrong with a good wedding as long as there is a punch up after, usually over the bill, food or sex

7. Surely only skirt lifters' marriages are miserable?

8. I went to a brahma in Liverpool when I foolishly agreed to be the best man - there was a punch up before the wedding, a couple afterwards and everyone was rolling drunk before the service even began.
    Seems the bride was prone to earning her wages on her back!
    No amount of advice would prevent the poor groom (RO1G) from going through with it.
    I fled at 0600 the next morning.

9. Why should such a thing be foisted onto a section of the community that has already had enough to put up with!

10. Very cynical.

11. Not me, I believe wholeheartedly in the "marriage is for life, not just until I get bored" scenario. I was being light-hearted as I do hear a lot of my colleagues moaning about their spouses making their lives a misery......

12. I'm all for gay marriages, but that means that eventually we're going to get gay divorces, and they're going to be bitchy...

13. PMSL :lol:

14. That can happen already under the partnership law, which allows for the same tidal wave of whatever as do the laws of marriage.

15. You and me both mate!

16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

DWJPA: What can be more bitchy than a divorced woman?! 8O :lol:

17. Two bitches having a bitch fest?

18. Honestly though folks:
    I like the Civil Partnership arrangement because it gives the same rights and responsibilities of marriage, without the religious overtones; something I would not personally want. In the UK no kind of religious ceremony is permitted.
    Here in Spain same sex couples can marry in church, or in a registry office, whichever they prefer. The country is fast going down the secular route and the 'church' is still smarting from this one (The most outspoken clergyman on the anti side is famous for having, many moons ago, shot Francos daughter in the arse at a hunting meeting. Now he is busy shooting himself in the foot).
    In France no one can be married in a church. Certainly you may have the union blessed there later if you wish, but the legal ceremony can only take place at a state office. France being a secular state without an established religion. Yet, in that country of 'Libertie, Equalitie and Fraternitie (wise things to have) same sex couples are still not fully regarded as equal under law.
    Despite its having a state religion the UK is up there amongst the leaders in equality in this field; something which I think we should all be proud of.
    Many of our sister countries in the east of the EU still have a long road to travel in this respect - notably the former Communist ones who you would have thought would have had enough of any kind of repression.
    Ah well! There you go; saves me writing to the Guardian this week.
    Good evening to all.

19. Can just see it now in the divorce court...

Two men fighting over who gets to keep the Anal Intruder. :)

20. Does that come with an alarm?