Support Gay Marriage

aaaaa

Badgeman
nothing wrong with a good wedding as long as there is a punch up after, usually over the bill, food or sex

aaaaa said:
nothing wrong with a good wedding as long as there is a punch up after, usually over the bill, food or sex
I went to a brahma in Liverpool when I foolishly agreed to be the best man - there was a punch up before the wedding, a couple afterwards and everyone was rolling drunk before the service even began.
Seems the bride was prone to earning her wages on her back!
No amount of advice would prevent the poor groom (RO1G) from going through with it.
I fled at 0600 the next morning.

Why should such a thing be foisted onto a section of the community that has already had enough to put up with!

rod-gearing said:
type42stoker said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Of course weddings should be gay. You don't want to attend a miserable one, do you?
Nah, there's plenty of time for misery in the years to follow....... :bball:
Very cynical.
Not me, I believe wholeheartedly in the "marriage is for life, not just until I get bored" scenario. I was being light-hearted as I do hear a lot of my colleagues moaning about their spouses making their lives a misery......

DancesWithJPA

Lantern Swinger
I'm all for gay marriages, but that means that eventually we're going to get gay divorces, and they're going to be bitchy...

DancesWithJPA said:
I'm all for gay marriages, but that means that eventually we're going to get gay divorces, and they're going to be bitchy...
That can happen already under the partnership law, which allows for the same tidal wave of whatever as do the laws of marriage.

type42stoker said:
rod-gearing said:
type42stoker said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Of course weddings should be gay. You don't want to attend a miserable one, do you?
Nah, there's plenty of time for misery in the years to follow....... :bball:
Very cynical.
Not me, I believe wholeheartedly in the "marriage is for life, not just until I get bored" scenario. I was being light-hearted as I do hear a lot of my colleagues moaning about their spouses making their lives a misery......
You and me both mate!

Honestly though folks:
I like the Civil Partnership arrangement because it gives the same rights and responsibilities of marriage, without the religious overtones; something I would not personally want. In the UK no kind of religious ceremony is permitted.
Here in Spain same sex couples can marry in church, or in a registry office, whichever they prefer. The country is fast going down the secular route and the 'church' is still smarting from this one (The most outspoken clergyman on the anti side is famous for having, many moons ago, shot Francos daughter in the arse at a hunting meeting. Now he is busy shooting himself in the foot).
In France no one can be married in a church. Certainly you may have the union blessed there later if you wish, but the legal ceremony can only take place at a state office. France being a secular state without an established religion. Yet, in that country of 'Libertie, Equalitie and Fraternitie (wise things to have) same sex couples are still not fully regarded as equal under law.
Despite its having a state religion the UK is up there amongst the leaders in equality in this field; something which I think we should all be proud of.
Many of our sister countries in the east of the EU still have a long road to travel in this respect - notably the former Communist ones who you would have thought would have had enough of any kind of repression.
Ah well! There you go; saves me writing to the Guardian this week.
Good evening to all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Angelina Jolie and UK call for support to protect education for refugee children MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gurkha charity and Foreign Office staff support Gurkha veterans and Nepalese communities through Coronavirus crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK loans Estonia four Jackal vehicles to support counter-terror mission in Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MMO restarting coastal operations to further support the fishing industry through Covid-19. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New package of support for T Level industry placements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government agrees support package to UK steel company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement marking the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Department for International Trade launches modelling review to support economic recovery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK pledges support for Syrians facing twin threat of conflict and coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus (COVID-19): letter from Minister Hall to local authorities on funding support for those in emergency accommodation and EEA rough sleepers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Costa Rica and Nicaragua: call for bids to support COVID-19 response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Virtual Syria meetings show UK support for victims of brutal conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New contract to deliver improved support for modern slavery victims MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Four new prisons boost rehabilitation and support economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to protect UK research jobs with major support package MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vulnerable children to get better support when moving school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK commits to support Sudan’s future MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government outlines support for pubs, cafes and restaurants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra funding for service charities as veterans’ support is stepped up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD's support on pension entitlements for fee-paid judges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra support for new teachers amid surge in applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Support in England MoD News 0
soleil FB: Aggie Weston's - Pastoral Support To RFA HQ Following Grant From Trinity House RFA 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor urges nation to support their high streets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF Fighter Jets, Surveillance and Refuelling aircraft have been in action across Europe this week in support of NATO allies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches landmark draft ‘Murad Code’ to support survivors of conflict-related sexual violence as COVID-19 pandemic increases suffering MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government provides further halt to business evictions and more support for high street firms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fund to support dairy farmers opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Diplomats for Equality: Embassies, Delegations and Permanent Missions support Dublin Pride 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd's chooses its local chartities to support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universities Minister announces mental health support for students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Self-employed new parents can claim support grant MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £26.7 million engine support contract for Oxfordshire company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government support secures major contract for UK construction in Benin MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reservists returning to civilian work eligible for government support schemes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS RAF completes COVID support task at Kinloss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New measures to support customs intermediaries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New support for reopening and recovery of high streets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local authorities across England receive funding to support new Test and Trace service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD helps develop support for the trade credit insurance sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to review support in the workplace for survivors of domestic abuse MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dounreay helps motorbike charity support NHS in Caithness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Almost £38 million support package for debt advice providers helping people affected by Coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Head of Technical Support - Southampton MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra mental health support for pupils and teachers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charities to benefit from support for rough sleepers during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS volunteers extend support to frontline health and social care staff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Universities Minister sets out support for international students MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK launches support package to protect tropical rainforests in Colombia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PCA Statement – Update on Support for Tied Pub Tenants in Relation to COVID-19 (04 June 2020) MoD News 0