Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Support for Defence Cuts a Mistake

WhizzbangDai

War Hero
No that can't be right, a politican apologising, a defense minister coming out in protection of the Armed Forces... no no something's wrong, whats the real angle here...

A

angrydoc

Previous mistakes though - not his mistakes. Perhaps clearing the air - any crap that happens isn't my fault, it was my rubbish predecessors, I love the Forces, especially 'elicopters...

21_Man

War Hero
Is it not called 'Rowing back'? Trying to cover the tracks and make themselves 'fluffy' again

I suppose, arguably, he’s got sod all to lose by saying that. He clearly can’t be “on message†but what can Brown do about it, though. Replacing him that quickly would not look good, nor be that easy.

Making those sort of noises is going to put yer man Cameron on the spot. Is he going to say Ainsworth’s wrong?

fishhead

War Hero
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Making those sort of noises is going to put yer man Cameron on the spot. Is he going to say Ainsworth’s wrong?
Does he need to?He might say that he agrees but the government has not gone far enough in their recognition of past mistakes.

Fair point but then Cameron would have to back that up with money. As the likely next PM, I think he would rather avoid that. Ainsworth must know that Labia will be out on it’s a**e so he can pick all the holes he wants because he won’t have to fill them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Im-intellectual-moans-Defence-Secretary.html

I'm such a victim, people attack me over my accent, my moustache... and because I'm no intellectual, moans Defence Secretary.

The Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth yesterday suggested he was the victim of social prejudice because of his accent and moustache.
Mr Ainsworth, who has faced heavy criticism for his performance in the job, admitted that he was not an intellectual. But the former factory worker from Coventry insisted he was qualified to run the Ministry of Defence.

If I start feeling sorry for the daft sod I'll be really annoyed.

Aldis

Lantern Swinger
Passed-over_Loggie said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203382/Im-victim-people-attack-accent-moustache--Im-intellectual-moans-Defence-Secretary.html

I'm such a victim, people attack me over my accent, my moustache... and because I'm no intellectual, moans Defence Secretary.

The Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth yesterday suggested he was the victim of social prejudice because of his accent and moustache.
Mr Ainsworth, who has faced heavy criticism for his performance in the job, admitted that he was not an intellectual. But the former factory worker from Coventry insisted he was qualified to run the Ministry of Defence.

If I start feeling sorry for the daft sod I'll be really annoyed.

OK - if I had a Cov accent I'd tear my own vocal chords out but he only needs a razor to cure the tash.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Defence scientists ramp up their support to the Covid-19 pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary hails support for military families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary Oral Statement: Defence's COVID-19 support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary urges troops to support Poppy Appeal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMS Enterprise to deploy to Port of Beirut as Defence Secretary sets out package of support to Lebanon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for project proposals to support defence reforms in Ukraine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary calls for veteran-led support to be at the heart of mental health services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary commissions new report to step up support for service families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary reaffirms support to Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New £1bn deal to support Navy operations will support over 700 British jobs for a decade, Defence Minister announces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary Bolsters Support for Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces extension of support to Ukraine’s Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sir Simon Bollom appointed Chief Executive of Defence Equipment and Support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister returns to Chelmsford to announce £18m contract to support... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary to announce new £1bn support model for Royal Navy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Equipment and Support Chief Executive to depart MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence research and exports support UK jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Integrating the Science and Technology Support for the UK’s Defence and Security MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary welcomes increased support for Afghanistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces UK support to peacekeeping mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces more support to Ukraine Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces more support in Baltics and Ukraine MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Engineering Support & Spares Coordinator (Military/Defence) - South East - £25- £30K + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence scientists support efforts to defeat Ebola MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD announces appointment of the Chief Executive for Defence Equipment and Support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK Defence Secretary reaffirms support to NATO with Secretary-General MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces further UK support to Ukrainian Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £140 million contract signed for sale of Defence Support Group MoD News 1
MoD_RSS New partnership to support defence industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Billions of pounds of support helps businesses up and down the country MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guidance published to support business following deal with European Union MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £76m contract boosts F-35 Lightning fleet support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Domestic abuse: open letter to employers on how to help workers find the right support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £135m boost to support T Level students to succeed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hundreds of thousands more laptops to support disadvantaged pupils learn at home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Access Consortium regulators pledge support to tackle COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK firm secures Urban Outfitters relationship with UKEF support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary outlines plans to support young people MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £4.6 billion in new lockdown grants to support businesses and protect jobs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 5,000 Armed Forces deployed in support of the Covid response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Disability and Access Ambassadors to support rights of disabled consumers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 5,000 Armed Forces deployed in support of the Covid response in the biggest homeland operation in peacetime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Military to support the testing of thousands of secondary school and college students in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Turing scheme to support thousands of students to study and work abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra £800 million to support Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland through Covid-19 this year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £400 million of new funding to support Scotland through Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £149 million to support increased care home testing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS IOM provides support for UK nationals living in Poland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Veterans step up to support those in need during COVID pandemic, new research finds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces support for vaccine roll-out in Wales MoD News 0