Supply officer - Vikki Nelson

Frostie

Evening one and all. Trying to locate an old Supply officer friend Victoria Nelson. She was serving at RNAS Yeovilton and at the time was married to a Lynx pilot Matt Nelson. I believe sadly the marriage didnt last and she may have changed her surname. would love any pointers on this please.

Frostie

Hi ....thanks, have tried that avenue but my guess is that she has changed her surname and/or remarried therefore she doesnt come up under Nelson. Just though that a jack dusty may have worked for her since Yeovilton and could report last sighting etc.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
To be honest, Frostie, your post is too sketchy........you'd have more chance if you narrowed it down and gave dates, i.e. the year(s) and month(s) that you served together at Heron (October 84 to May 87 or whatever) and perhaps which squadron Matt was serving in? This might ring some bells with other wrens officers or ratings as well as the lads that served with her. Plus, their wedding & reception were surely attended by members of the squadron (his guests) and members of the S&S department at Heron (her guests)? That might add-up to a good few RN bods whose memories might be jogged. And what about trying to trace Matt himself? Perhaps he & Vikki have stayed in occasional touch?
Good luck with your search, shipmate.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
Wait......I now see that Commander Matt Nelson, RN, is the UK's Deputy Defence Attache at the British Embassy in Seoul, South Korea. That's his current appointment. Not so easy to contact, perhaps......

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Matt Nelson was CO of 700X a few years ago. Perhaps try the FAA website to see if you can track him down..... that is if you think it would be the correct way to make further enquiries.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Just putting it out there. There might (repeat) might be a connection under the surname Baker on FB. Haven't delved any further.
I love doing this sort of stuff. Or is because I'm just a nosey bugger?

Sumo

War Hero
Just putting it out there. There might (repeat) might be a connection under the surname Baker on FB. Haven't delved any further.
I love doing this sort of stuff. Or is because I'm just a nosey bugger?
Communicator, it's in the blood.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
Ahoy Frostie..........try nudiorganics.co.uk

That might be her........

On the other hand, it might not....... :cool:

Last edited: