Supply Chain logistian sea time/travel

Hi,
Can anybody tell me if you get to travel much being a supply chain logistian in the Royal Navy ?
Roughly spelt:

Leave Raleigh after phase 2 and join either a Royal Marines unit/ Waterfront Logistic Support Group/ Air Station or a QE class carrier. There you will complete your training task book (should take 6months to a year), after that, if your at a WLSG or Air Station, you will be moved into a sea going unit. Drafts are normally 2 years living on a ship, 2 years living ashore. RM units are classed as ships drafts as you still deploy with the u it’s even if you’re a crap hat. Same for Air stations IF you’re on a Squadron.

Note: there are currently loads of stores guys waiting for ships as we have more stores than ships available at the moment. I’ve heard of guys waiting 2 years from training for their first ship. Similarly I’m about to get my first shore draft since 2009 as I’ve done back to back RN ships, squadrons and RM units! There’s no set in stone rules, just rough guidelines.

As for travel, everywhere that’s orange, I’ve been to with the RN/ RM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

datlaidbackdude

Midshipman
W
Roughly spelt:

Leave Raleigh after phase 2 and join either a Royal Marines unit/ Waterfront Logistic Support Group/ Air Station or a QE class carrier. There you will complete your training task book (should take 6months to a year), after that, if your at a WLSG or Air Station, you will be moved into a sea going unit. Drafts are normally 2 years living on a ship, 2 years living ashore. RM units are classed as ships drafts as you still deploy with the u it’s even if you’re a crap hat. Same for Air stations IF you’re on a Squadron.

Note: there are currently loads of stores guys waiting for ships as we have more stores than ships available at the moment. I’ve heard of guys waiting 2 years from training for their first ship. Similarly I’m about to get my first shore draft since 2009 as I’ve done back to back RN ships, squadrons and RM units! There’s no set in stone rules, just rough guidelines.

As for travel, everywhere that’s orange, I’ve been to with the RN/ RM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow!!! Joining as a writer(Surface fleet)