Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by gregleeds, Jun 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know what website it is that you can check the supplements that won't fail a cdt?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Just to clarify, steroids and their derivatives are picked up during CDT. If you're going to waste your money on supplements then fine - just make sure there's nothing steroid-like in them. And watch your kidney function.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)
  3. I did 22 years in the RN and the only supplement that I used was Booze, it mad me the fat bastrd that I am today:clap:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I was getting rather hacked off with the repetitive messages from mates on Facebook (who happen to be PTIs... :oops: ) to sign up to Herbalife. I know it's Wikipedia but read the section on 'Efficacy of Herbalife products for weight loss' and its business model ("pyramid selling" in old money). I'd rather eat healthily and train sensibly...
  5. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I quite like the Sunday Mail supplement. The Sunday Times one is a bit too big! I always read the comics pages first.

So far I have never been in trouble with these supplements.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. This is so annoying i hear you! I always think if its so great and you really care about people getting healthier like you claim then sell it cheaper- it is offensively over priced and the fact that it is the pyramid scheme like you mentioned highlights that. Join and earn a free holiday, pedal this over priced garbage to ya mates and rip them off- no. I use whey powder occassionally if ive been doing muscle intensive excercise, i would rather eat more protein but cant afford to haha, bad times!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I have a possible solution to this, free of charge ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. search informed sports in google, there isnt much on this site which you can use as most companies dont send for it to be tested. To be honest best just to get on friends terms with the club swingers which will happen if you play sport and they will let you know what you can and cant have
  9. we had a brief from the MAA and he said either ask the PTI's or check they're ok for olympic use in the UK, as it would mean they were legal, cant for the life of me remember the site though sorry.

ignore the fatties!
  10. Use powdered egg whites mixed with water and nesquik its the same thing as £50 protein powder. But remember you can only process so much protein at once most of it you will piss out.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  11. OMM

OMM War Hero

No substitute to a balanced diet.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Fixed that for you sgtP