Sundodgers United

Lemacque

Badgeman
It is alleged that the 'advisor' was an ex two and a half (sound familiar?) WEO Feargal Dalton who it is alleged has now discovered the evil ways of Trident et al and is a staunch member of the SNP, married to a SNP MP and he is a councillor for Glasgow.

In other news, SWMBO had 'This Morning' on and they did a piece from Oracle. The presenter wasn't having the best time! The guide was an ex skipper and was very diplomatic when asked about Vigil! Worth watching that segment on catch-up!
yeah, I heard that too. Had the distinct displeasure of working with the **** years ago. The entire crew hated him, and so did all of us on the other side. Guy was a complete ****, typical of someone the BBC would approach :cool:

fishhead

War Hero
The words "far" and "fetched" are the words I could use in polite company but I'm only watching now to see how much further they were ready to go with their fetching.
PS I felt sorry for the PO Cook as she seemed to be watch on stop on. I don't think she was murdered but rather dropped dead with exhaustion.

Chris P

War Hero
One of our commercial channels advertised it last night, don't think I'll bother - most of the armed forces military fiction or shows in which actors portray the armed forces is crap anyway,

Meanwhile, coming to you soon - A ban on boat's black bunting...?

1631606328205.png
<<... Maria Lambert said Breckland Council told her to remove the skull and crossbones after a complaint was made on August 24. Officials then investigated and changed their minds, saying it could stay.

The 62-year-old care worker, of Foulden in Norfolk, told The Sun: 'It's not like it's damaging anyone's health. I have it up for fun. It is a laugh for the kids and it makes the garden look nice.'...>>

Phew, apparently CDF prevailed - BZ for a rare about-turn by jobworthy officials in today's 'wokingham' circles.

Best Comment with a date for your Diary =
1631607347076.png
1631607578697.png

^ Gen dit Shippers, see Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
No comments on last night's Trenchant documentary then.........I thought it was very good
Trenchant is showing her age with all the breakdowns, having served on 4 T boats I'm not sure how a switchboard fire (as reported) would cause damage to the main engines. I thought the voiceover bloke over dramatised the problem was next to the reactor compartment though.

Other than that it was ok.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
We know someone on there. A lot of last night's episode was during work-up. There are 2 commanders in shot at one time and you can see the clip-boards in evidence. It was also filmed with a 6 month break in the middle - remember the (in)famous BBQ? The new skipper looks like a bundle of laughs.........

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
It was obvious they filmed over a few months and spliced it together, the casing party kept switching from submarine jumpers to pcs, and the switchboard fire was the galley, also the smoke was from a mini-mist as they took the EBS off far too early.....but other than that ;)