Sundodgers United

fishhead

War Hero
I have to admit I am confused about which tank was damaged and how they managed to over-pressurise it. Ballast tanks on a boat are open at the bottom to let the ogin in when you want to dive and to let the ogin out when air is put in to surface so I would have thought is was near impossible to over-pressure it as the excess air would be vented out of the holes in the bottom. It also says they planned to drain the tank by gravity.....eh?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
It is possible that they used blanking plates to seal the tanks, especially if the boat was in dry-dock. I used to fit them to P&O boats in Dolphin when I was a Ship's Diver.

Sumo

War Hero
I have to admit I am confused about which tank was damaged and how they managed to over-pressurise it. Ballast tanks on a boat are open at the bottom to let the ogin in when you want to dive and to let the ogin out when air is put in to surface so I would have thought is was near impossible to over-pressure it as the excess air would be vented out of the holes in the bottom. It also says they planned to drain the tank by gravity.....eh?
Part of refit was to check the MBT main vent, and MBT for leaks, this is done by blanking of the bottom free flood and pressurise the tank, then snoop the main vent seal, tank should hold pressure for a set time

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Something doesn’t add up.

Possibly a test on the weapons discharge system and its been misreported. Those Upholder’s are cursed.

Latest Threads