Sun Nov 11: Where Will You Be?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Bad CO, Nov 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought it would be interesting to hear where RR members will be this Sunday. I'll be at the Memorial in Devonport Park so if anyone is there then please feel free to come and give the pongo some abuse!

2. Driving to Cornwall. Ace.

3. Lovely, drive carefully.

4. The service at QV school in Dunblane.

5. Remembering on my own ... somewhere quiet!

6. I would never abuse you sir, why I was only saying to my vicar the other day what a splendid chap and good egg I thought you are.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll be pulling over at 1100. Remembrance at a service station for me no doubt. I can shout at the noisy fruit machines for their disgusting lack of respect, can't wait.

You're not allowed near schools Jimmy.

• Like Like x 2

8. You and that other buffoon should make an effort to keep your infantile behaviour in the appropriate sections of the forum, so be a good boy, toddle off and practice at being a mature adult.

9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Back on thread, I'll be parading with my lot in Ruislip. Afterwards, a couple in the Legion then off to the RNA for fun and larks.

10. If all goes to plan then the National Arboretum.
    If not the local war memorial

11. My wife and I back to Arromanches-Les-Bains where my brother was killed by friendly fire 27 August 1944 aboard Salamander.

12. wal

wal Badgeman

Taking my ninety four year old Father to the local service and parade in Elstead. Father 2010.1.jpg

This taken last year.

• Like Like x 13
  13. I shall be at the English Cemetery in Malaga, laying a wreath on this chap's grave on behalf of the RNA:

[FONT=&quot]The only Naval War Grave in the English Cemetery, that of Commander (S) W D Stranack RN, lost from HMS Manchester on July 7[SUP]th[/SUP] 1941. Commander Stranack, although a Stores Officer, was embarked in HMS Manchester as a cryptologist, coding and decoding secret signals. He was working in the Communications Office when the ship was hit and his body was tragically blown out of the hole in the ship’s side into the Mediterranean, where it was subsequently washed onto the beach near Malaga. Other members of the Ship’s Company who were killed in the action are interred in Gibraltar.[/FONT]

Lest we forget.

• Like Like x 2
  14. This ex-matelot will be reflecting quietly at home in North Carolina, USA on the 11th.
    Things appear to be very different here and although Veterans Day is a public holiday on Monday 12th November, there is a parade of veterans and young people here in town on Saturday 10th. I will be attending this parade to watch my grandson marching and will be wearing a White Ensign badge which I am about to make to go along with my UK Forces Veterans Badge.

15. Will be at Fowey as I am for most remembrance Days. Will post some pictures as we have a war canoe parked in the harbour

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ive lost friends from america, canada and UK so I wear my poppy with pride I may o victoria Park which is up near me

17. Please make my day and tell me your dad is called Albert.

18. In defence watches down the ops room unfortunately.

19. wal

wal Badgeman

No Rummer. It's Wladaslaw.

20. Wladaslaw Albertavitch?